Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone else like this colour

Hopefully this link will work, I think this colour really suits theRCF

Typical Facebook, anyway it's a green wrap on an RCF looks really nice I think it's bluebat overlays who did it

I can't get a link to work, it is in the RCF owners group on Facebook but trying to make a link work seems to be above my pay grade. If you can find it or find Bluebat Overlays you'll see green really suits the RCF

Well done I just couldn't get to post them up (lack of ability on my part).

I agree with you it's a bit too slammed for my taste, but that colour really suits the RCF like the wheels too, but then I'm a sucker for bronze coloured wheels.

Colour very much Yes.. it reminds me of a Jaguar shade from many years ago. As for the collapsed suspension...very much No  

43 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

Colour very much Yes.. it reminds me of a Jaguar shade from many years ago. As for the collapsed suspension...very much No  

I agree the lowering has gone too far, but that's the problem with the RCF or at least mine with AVS insofar as putting a lowering kit on has possible warranty issues and I don't fancy either spending any more on the car knowing how hard they are to shift or open a whole world of pain warranty wise.

If only Tein did an EDFC kit for the RCF like they do for the ISF if they ever do it makes buying the earlier cars a whole new ball game, as I know from my Mini Clubvan and of course an ISF owner on here who has it fitted. It is literally night and day as far as all aspects of ride and comfort are concerned.

This comes under "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" the only thing I like is the car. I do not like green on any car to the point where it would put me off buying any car if it were green. I agree the slammed look is also not for me, but this is probably an age thing.
I am also not a lover of black cars, but this is not down to the actual look, but more to do with the impossibility of keeping one clean, and the car being so hot in the sun.

John.

• Like 2

When we got an NX in white with the black glass roof, I was astonished at the temperature difference between the white and black parts after a spell in the sun. The black becomes untouchably hot while the white is pleasantly warm. 

• Like 2

I must admit I'm not a lover of green cars either but for some reason or other it seems to work on the car. It seems an awful lot of the cars in the USA have gone for the extreme slammed look, probably a reaction against the enormous gap on the car as standard, I find the wheel arch gap in the standard RCF just not right for my taste maybe 25mm lower would be fine.

Malcolmw, you're right about black the seats in my SL63 were black and I soon learned to shut the roof in the summer .

My first lexus was a green IS200 sport,colour looks ok(although a criticism of green is that it blends in with the greenery especially on country roads), not sure about the ride height,a bit too much for me though

I hope those photos are just work in progress, and that they haven't got around to finishing ruining the car by adding gold Lexus logos and badging yet...

My dad always said don't buy a green car, they're unlucky...

The first brand new car I ever bought was,,, green!

In the first week of ownership I got rear ended at a roundabout by a distracted mum driver.

Within 6 months I got hit by a wayward articulated lorry, removing front bumper, nearside wing and door mirror...

Within 2 years I had the rear door stoved in (whilst parked) by an OAP driving a courtesy car from a crash repair company..

5 years into ownership a learner driver T-boned me at a roundabout, destroying the nearside rear quarter, alloy wheel and suspension...

I still love the colour green on cars and it looks especially good on the RC...

38 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

In the first week of ownership I got rear ended at a roundabout by a distracted mum driver.

Within 6 months I got hit by a wayward articulated lorry, removing front bumper, nearside wing and door mirror...

Within 2 years I had the rear door stoved in (whilst parked) by an OAP driving a courtesy car from a crash repair company..

5 years into ownership a learner driver T-boned me at a roundabout, destroying the nearside rear quarter, alloy wheel and suspension...

Blimey... all of these on the same car?! 😱

17 minutes ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Blimey... all of these on the same car?! 😱

Yup! 198k trouble free miles covered over 8yrs! SEAT Alhambra, great family bus :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

My dad always said don't buy a green car, they're unlucky...

The first brand new car I ever bought was,,, green!

I still love the colour green on cars and it looks especially good on the RC...

Yes I remember the old saying that green cars were unlucky, it makes you wonder where these sayings came from although I can see that a green car on country roads may be difficult to spot.

I'm not a fan of green but on that RCF it just seems to work, an old school-friend of mine has a large collection of old Jag's and although not to my liking I find his BRG V12 E type quite acceptable. 

• Like 1

Not that I remember (before my time) but I remember my mum saying how my grandad bought a brand new hillman hunter or minx 🤷🏼‍♂️.....colour being light metallic green and my great uncle bill ploughing into the back end of it whilst they were all on holiday in Devon......my nan always said green was unlucky, although I had a 84 green Orion 1.6i ghia which was light metallic and a girlfriend’s neighbour smashed into it outside her parents house back in the day 🙄