Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, after going through 2 sets of Bosch, and one set of denso ones in a bout 6 months, I decided to get the runners replaced on the original lexus ones which I had kept in the boot at a cost of £36. The difference is like chalk and cheese. The Bosch and denso weren’t the best at all. They started leaving streaks behind after a few weeks of being fitted. Lesson learned. If anyone has original wipers I would definitely replace the rubber on them. They are so much better.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

My wipers are quite noisy , no idea if they are original or not.

I was going to replace them with silicon ones , if they are available .

If these are original how will I identify them? 

Are the replacements you mention silicon or rubber and where did you buy them?? 

Cheers,

Alan.

My wipers are quite noisy , no idea if they are original or not.
I was going to replace them with silicon ones , if they are available .
If these are original how will I identify them? 
Are the replacements you mention silicon or rubber and where did you buy them?? 
                                                                                                                     Cheers,
                                                                                                                                     Alan.

I think the replacements are rubber. You can tell if you still have original ones, as they’ve got Japanese writing by the clip. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

my experience

after buying original Lexus / Toyota rubbers for decades ( 2 in fact ) I found the last set had a very limited lifespan, less than a year for sure ...........  they used to last 2/3 years and 20/30k miles

I think the reason for this is simply age related ............ original rubbers, kept on the shelf since year 2000 or so might actually deteriorate prematurely in their packs

I'm guessing my size might only fit my car / Ls400s

I'm now just using the cheapy rubbers that my indy puts on every year or more ( slightly ) and cost about £8 a set from his factor

Malc

• Thanks 1