Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lotus Evora - thoughts??

ThomasD94

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all well?

I recently experienced a 2011 Evora and I must say I was impressed with the cabin interior considering its size. However, typical Lotus (Lots of Trouble Usually Serious) the door wouldn't open and the car wouldn't start haha.
I was surprised at material quality, it was all over the place with some nice materials and some low rent plastics. Toyota V6 engine if I am not mistaken though, what do you think of it?

Here is a link if you want to check the evora I seen out?

Thomas

Just to give you my opinion as a Lotus owner on and off since 1972. I have fallen out with a number Lotus Fan Boys over on TLF due to my honest warts an all opinions of owning a Lotus.

First off the Evora has roadholding and feedback to the driver that is unequaled in so many respects, one of my fellow Lotus Anoraks (this is a group of about 10-15 who have owned and been members of Club Lotus for 30 plus years) brought a new demonstrator along  to one of our monthly meetings. With less than 1000 miles on the clock the rear reflector had fallen off and the other one was loose, the quality of finish compared to say a Lexus is pretty much second rate.

Lotus like fellow British car maker McLaren they really take the p**s of folk who put their hard earned into buying one of their  products.

Having said that the local Hedge End dealer who is also a Lexus dealer are by all accounts rather good.

When they are running well they are beyond doubt superlative when they are not you want to do what I was very tempted to doon several occasions do a Basil Fawlty.

I could probably ramble on for many, many pages but will refrain.

• Like 1

The same could also probably be said about  JLR where reliability is concerned.For what one pays for their products they seem to spend a lot of time back at the dealers being fixed ☹

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 7:27 PM, scudney said:

The same could also probably be said about  JLR where reliability is concerned.For what one pays for their products they seem to spend a lot of time back at the dealers being fixed ☹

very true! my mum had a velar before she moved to Lexus, the Velar had issues from the first day she picked it up lol

I’d absolutely love an Evora Sport 410, in fact one may end up replacing the Viper if I ever fancy a change! There’s a great review of the Lotus on Harry’s Garage on YouTube...

Here!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 5:23 AM, mrfunex said:

I’d absolutely love an Evora Sport 410, in fact one may end up replacing the Viper if I ever fancy a change! There’s a great review of the Lotus on Harry’s Garage on YouTube...

Here!

Harry's videos are amazing! Did you see the one on the Tesla?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links