Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New LS400 Owner

SandyGS

Morning,

Thought I better introduce myself, I'm Sam from Yorkshire and a proud owner of a 98' LS400.

Bought the car from London a couple of weeks back, the long journey home gave me some quality time to get to know the car. Apart from what I suspect is a slightly worn bushing, mechanically it's like new.

Has got a a few little problems to address though: Rust on the top of the windscreen, a broken aerial motor, a leaking boot seal, leaking door trim (water coming from tweeter) and a climate control bulb out. 

Very happy with the purchase, reminds me of my Soarer, but has 4 doors and more luxury!

IMG_20200313_090848_843.jpg

IMG_20200313_090757_553.jpg

IMG_20200313_090818_135.jpg

• Like 2

You will have lots of fun with your LS400 for many years to come. There is just one problem owning an LS400 you will find that the fish and chip shop, Chinese takeaway, paper shop and your big shop shop are all suddenly further away, this is down to a well known problem that Lexus is aware of but do very little to address the problem which is you somehow always go the long way round. Enjoy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys! Really is a great cruiser, makes the morning commute much more relaxing!

Glad to hear the problems are all quite common. Tackling the boot seal this weekend.

IMG_20200314_083555_675.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SandyGS said:

Thanks guys! Really is a great cruiser, makes the morning commute much more relaxing!

Glad to hear the problems are all quite common. Tackling the boot seal this weekend.

IMG_20200314_083555_675.jpg

Welcome to the LOC.

The old rubber is one piece so just slip it off over the boot lid. Clean all the fixing edges of old crud and treat any rusty areas. Before fitting the new rubber apply a smear of silicone sealant around the lip. Fit the new rubber and join it at the boot lock area.

• Like 1

Cheers Steve! I wish I had read your post before fitting, I did all the above except the join. I naturally thought the join would be at the top!

I did silicone the join so hopefully won't make a drastic difference! Leak has gone from what I can see

5 hours ago, SandyGS said:

Now moving onto the door leak, I've heard it can be the outer chrome trim? I think I have to remove most if the door interior to fix it?

I can never work out how to copy a link! If you Google LS400 door tweeter leak it'll take you to an old post with a guide.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I can never work out how to copy a link! If you Google LS400 door tweeter leak it'll take you to an old post with a guide.

Thanks, that looks ideal. Gives me a job to do on Saturday!

• Like 1