Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

covid 19 avoid and kill

Hi fellow Lexuns 

There is a way to fight back against this virus which will help everyone in society.

When in public places wear fabric gloves that are sprayed in Dettol or other strong disinfectant  this should help to kill the virus before it gets on you and stop the further spread by killing the hotspots  (touch zones).

It will help by eradicating the biggest spread mechanism we know this germ has, "Touch contact".

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

Hi fellow Lexuns 

There is a way to fight back against this virus which will help everyone in society.

When in public places wear fabric gloves that are sprayed in Dettol or other strong disinfectant  this should help to kill the virus before it gets on you and stop the further spread by killing the hotspots  (touch zones).

It will help by eradicating the biggest spread mechanism we know this germ has, "Touch contact".

And it would appear my Austrian road trip planned for late April is now postponed.  My own brother has just been struck down by it in Somerset. 

Only part of the story im afraid. The virus main way of spreading is from human to human by coughing/sneezing. Minute particles are then released in the atmosphere that by simple breething can enter your lungs. the virus then nestles and one can only hope ones defense system can neutralize it. Washing your hands regulraly and in the correct way will help as well but for the rest...... Lets just hope for the best.  

Bernard

That is not correct the coughing and sneezing according to the meds is the main obvious interaction but not the main contact spread which is touch and then contact with the victims mucus membrane eyes nose and mouth then developing into a lung  inflammation and immune system destroyer.

I did'nt say this is a cure all just another defense weapon to help the fight.

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

Bernard

That is not correct the coughing and sneezing according to the meds is the main obvious interaction but not the main contact spread which is touch and then contact with the victims mucus membrane eyes nose and mouth then developing into a lung  inflammation and immune system destroyer.

This should interest us all. Take time out to read it all and its references.

https://www.storystorks.co.uk/post/coronavirus-can-i-take-the-kids-out-or-not

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Bernard

Air transmission is defo a thing and it depends on which phase of the illness you are talking abt. During the incubation period, the mode of transmission is of coz by contact as you are asymptomatic but during infective phase whilst you are symptomatic with cough or coryzal symptoms, both mode of transmission are equally important.

To be fair, catching it might not be a bad thing on different levels. One of which is that you develop immunity and is beneficial in the long run i.e when the virus reemerge or a different strain of the coronavirus in the future.

barry

COVID-19 is a respiratory infection and as such the only form of transmission is by droplets containing the virus, dispersed through coughing and simple exhalation. These droplets are either caught in the hand or fall on surfaces where the virus can survive for ~72hrs, less on softer surfaces sch as clothing. 

Droplets exhaled by an infected person, be they symptomatic or asymptomatic, can then be either inhaled by another person directly or picked up from a surface (door handle etc.) and transferred to eyes, nose or mouth by touch with contaminated hands. The virus does not penetrate the skin and must enter the body via a mucosal membrane.

Hence the emphasis on social distancing, hand washing and avoiding touching one's face.

Bottom line is we are all (well at least 80%) of us going to become infected at some point. The vast majority will survive and establish herd immunity. This hopefully will protect us when the virus returns next season. Unless of course it mutates as do the more common influenza viruses. Either way COVID-19 will in all probability join the other corona-viruses endemic in the human population.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, The-Acre said:

And it would appear my Austrian road trip planned for late April is now postponed.  My own brother has just been struck down by it in Somerset. 

Phil trust your brother recovers ok, Rgds, Roger

7 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Phil trust your brother recovers ok, Rgds, Roger

Thanks Roger.  I spoke to him today and the fever seems to have gone and he feels much better than he did two days ago.

• Like 5

COVID-19 has similiar symptoms to influenza. The issue is we don't have a vaccine so the vulnerable i.e. older people, immunocompromised are unlikely to do particularly well. 

The majority of people will fight it off within 7 days.  Remember that children are carriers and are asymptomatic so limiting the spread of COVID-19 is actually quite difficult as theyll be the ones spreading it more than adults. Personally, I wouldn't put any restrictions at all and establish herd immunity quicker.

• Like 1

I don't pretend to follow it all but am I correct in thinking you're in the medical profession Rayaan? I do understand the herd immunity argument but isn't that extremely dangerous for the vulnerable in the short term? Until herd immunity is established? 

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I don't pretend to follow it all but am I correct in thinking you're in the medical profession Rayaan? I do understand the herd immunity argument but isn't that extremely dangerous for the vulnerable in the short term? Until herd immunity is established? 

Yes you're correct.

See I think the whole situation has been mismanaged. The vaccine is still a long way away, the latest estimates are the end of the year.

So really instead of discouraging or banning large social events they should be encouraged and the vulnerable I.e over 70s, immunocompromised encouraged to stay indoors. 

That way herd immunity develops quicker in the population not at significant risk 

What's actually happening is that we're delaying the spread so therefore it takes much longer for this immunity to become useful in the community. We know most of the population is going to get COVID-19 at some point but I think the main reason for delaying is to reduce the peak of it in healthcare provider settings. 

• Thanks 1

Note sure about your advice aka the gloves.

While viruses will be killed by detol, the detol is going to sink into the fabric. The virus particles will sit on the 
outside of the fabric meaning they will likely have no exposure to it. 

Also constant skin exposure to detol is not a good idea.

Steven

Do some research on how this virus operates and how it is made up,the idea is the fabric soaks up enough dettol to act as a barrier to your hands and dettol is not harmful to the skin as it is prescribed as a disinfectant on wounds.

Please take these tips seriously and don't try to contradict them with unresearched negatives comments, as doing this as against doing nothing this could save lives.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Some younger people being infected now so not only affecting old or those with underlying heart/respiratory systems.

Everyone can and is likely to be infected at some point, the difference will be in the impact the infection may have upon the individual, for younger people the impact is going to be much lower, of course they will be exceptions in every age group to the norm. Please understand that to overcome this people need to be infected, the current restrictions are only in place to slow down the rate of infection while the NHS prepares to manage the peak infection point (which will come). People in large numbers will die, many of these would have died anyway of some illness this year, current restrictions will not stop that happening, all they can do is slow down and spread out the deaths. The only advantage to the current restrictions is with luck we may save more of those likely to die by having the correct equipment and care available.and the total who die will be lower. It could still be 20,000 plus. Most of us need to be infected sooner rather than later if we are to get back to normal. 

On 3/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, The-Acre said:

How is your brother Phil, we could all do with some good news!

6 hours ago, Moleman said:

How is your brother Phil, we could all do with some good news!

He's fine and dandy thank you, as is his friend who also had it.  Both back to normal, both fully recovered within a week.

17 hours ago, Moleman said:

Everyone can and is likely to be infected at some point, the difference will be in the impact the infection may have upon the individual, for younger people the impact is going to be much lower, of course they will be exceptions in every age group to the norm. Please understand that to overcome this people need to be infected, the current restrictions are only in place to slow down the rate of infection while the NHS prepares to manage the peak infection point (which will come). People in large numbers will die, many of these would have died anyway of some illness this year, current restrictions will not stop that happening, all they can do is slow down and spread out the deaths. The only advantage to the current restrictions is with luck we may save more of those likely to die by having the correct equipment and care available.and the total who die will be lower. It could still be 20,000 plus. Most of us need to be infected sooner rather than later if we are to get back to normal. 

I think what you say is in the main understood but not necessarily accepted.  Certainly, if everybody was allowed to contract the C virus, it would mainly be the elderly that would die, particularly the retired elderly who are largely supported by the working population. From an economic view this would ease the burden on the survivors and enable the country to return to normality earlier.  However, no country has adopted this extreme policy, (fortunately for many of us).  In fact the drive to obtain many more ventilators to save some of those that might come through this will not only enable the NHS to better cope with the emergency but enable many mainly elderly to survive who otherwise wouldn't.  If/when a vaccine is developed, some of those that have been effectively shielded will survive without natural immunity which would otherwise have killed them if infected. It's been said that the way a country cares for it's elderly is a measure of it's morality.