Wisemonkey

LS 400 1998 For sale

Posted (edited)

This car is in top condition for age both inside and out. It has only done just over 83,0000 miles from new. Car runs perfectly. All in full working mint order bar the washer bottle fluid light. It is the sender or float issue, full or low in washer fluid the light stays on. 

I have had same since late Autum 2018 and had following work done  Car professionally Dinitroled shortly after I purchased same throughout, all underneath, internal panels, engine bay etc.

All wheels, fully refurbed and powder coated. Full Cam Belt, Water Pump, Pulley kit fitted, now good until 2029. Discs all round replaced and calipers cleaned and fettled. Air con serviced and regassed. Major full service December 2018, Mid term service December 2019 and OIl and filters. Ball joints and track rod ends just replaced. Full 4 wheel laser track set up after suspension work.

Boot has had new boot seal. Just this last week the inner wheel arches (known issue apparently) found  to have corosion issue that needed sorting. This car has had any iffy area off corrision on both inner rear wheel arches reomoved, plated and welded, treated and undersealed. IMHO only way to do it as rest of car like sills and rest off body are in top used condition and pity to let this area let it down.

After having supension done this car runs as sweet as a nut, I have never heard a better engine, there is no crashing or banging and she runs true, no steering wheel wobble or brake juddering, Just a serene and quick ride if you want it. She can fly if you want her to and is as stable as a rock.

Car currently got MOT until May will come to the new owner with 12 months MOT.

Only reason for sale is got offer of another favourite car of my wish list.

Offers north of £3000 please, looking at silly dealers prices for these cars with this mileage and condition this is more than a fair price.

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

Edited by Wisemonkey
Minor error
  • Like 3

That's a lovely car. 

Messi, Thanks very much, our man wanting a 430 or a 400 on here needs to get his wedge out quick as there aint many left like this. My car is sorted not hiding nightmares, looking around at some cars on offer wider me would have little faith they are anygood.

I would have bought this, but it's just out of my price range 

Messi, Make a decent offer and you never know. This car will be wider advertised in due course .

BTW car has  4 new tyres on her, less than 3000 miles, and aftermarket Parking sensor kit, sensors coloured coded as well. There will be no better running car of this type anywhere and most of them out there have done 3 times the miles ?

she looks a lovely beast ..  hope she finds a new home soon for you

Malc

Darned good vlaue at £3K, if I was looking I would be buying.

Hopefully goes to someone who appreciates the work done to get it looking sweet.

So lurkers are you there, or is it all mouth and no trousers He He He !

It's more all mouth and no ££££ at the moment Simon. It's a lovely motor. Good luck with the sale.

Rich, Fair play, it was a bit tongue in cheek by me but you are right. Thanks.

I would have made an offer, but I put a deposit on a Dhp model before this was advertised on here. 

2 hours ago, Wisemonkey said:

Rich, Fair play, it was a bit tongue in cheek by me but you are right. Thanks.

Not a problem. Somebody will snatch your hand off for that car.

That's a lovely car. I'm in the market for a RX400 sadly but it's this that I want really!

I miss my old LS400 and it wasn't a patch on this. I enjoyed my Soarers and my GS430 but the LS was special, the nearest thing to a Rolls Royce I've ever driven and I've driven some nice cars. Lovely car and deserves a good home

Sadly a very difficult and tragic time for the country and the wider world at the moment and for the forceable. On an aside issue the LS has now been plated on both sides of the rear inner wings, 2 plates one side 1 the other, it seems corosion is in the areas most in the firing line for water spray damage blasting off the wheels and tyres. This area of the car will not now lead to its demise, and like all the vehicles I sell they go with 12 months MOT. She passed today with flying colours. She goes tomorrow to her new owner who I suspect will use personally for several months then she will re-emerge on classic car dealers forecourt. Those that were interested have missed a belter here and I have done the deal for a decent chunk more than I was asking on here.

9 minutes ago, Wisemonkey said:

Sadly a very difficult and tragic time for the country and the wider world at the moment and for the forceable. On an aside issue the LS has now been plated on both sides of the rear inner wings, 2 plates one side 1 the other, it seems corosion is in the areas most in the firing line for water spray damage blasting off the wheels and tyres. This area of the car will not now lead to its demise, and like all the vehicles I sell they go with 12 months MOT. She passed today with flying colours. She goes tomorrow to her new owner who I suspect will use personally for several months then she will re-emerge on classic car dealers forecourt. Those that were interested have missed a belter here and I have done the deal for a decent chunk more than I was asking on here.

Simon, if you deal in cars, how much Warranty did you give with this sale ?

Hi.

Not quite sure....Is the car sold?

Cheers

Terry

7 minutes ago, tel999 said:

Hi.

Not quite sure....Is the car sold?

Cheers

Terry

If it’s “going to a new owner tomorrow” I would say yes it is. Some one has done very well me thinks.

looks like this car has turned up at a dealers priced at £8990😳

14 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

looks like this car has turned up at a dealers priced at £8990😳

well guys, if these dealers are achieving anything like this then we are sitting on gold mines I guess :thumbsup:

sure beats the collapse in my pension fund these past few weeks  ..........  I'll buy a collection of old bangers and see if they make me some money .............  hahahahahahaha .....  we all know that won't work eh !

only pleased the Chancellor hasn't yet set " rescue terms " for car dealers and such

Malc

Thats a nice markup. A credit to @Wisemonkey that they think they can get that price. 

I dont understand how somebody could buy such a car and not be looking at owners forums to buy from an owner, or at least see what they sell for on here. 

Well to be frank I did tell the lurkers on here to get their wedge out as this was a fine car for £3000.00 but they missed that one, to be fair to the business chaps that bought it they paid me more that I was asking memebers on here for.I originally paid £1800 for her and spent circa £1200 at least on her. They are business folks the car is a minter but it is 22 years old it will have a finite life, it will no doubt in several years need a load of wedge chucking at it again, be it corosion, or mechanical, or the dreaded electrical.  My concern for this age and complexity of car is at some stage the electronics will go tits up and then it will be curtains. I would but only guessing this is 3 or 4 years away on this car and selling same to decent folks on here at £3000.00 was more than fair . The dealers paid me £3330. 00

I have just bought an absolute mint 31000 mile BMW 6 450i for less than these boys are asking for the LS.

• Like 1

hey wisemonkey, can you give any advice to the USA guy who's posted in the Brakes and Steering ? technical section on here ?

he has the same car as you had and needs a little help maybe

Thanks

Malc