Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today i'm listening to...

Steve

On 3/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, Lexus Owners Club said:

my choice today is Hotel California by the Eagles .... chilled song with lovely calming scenery in the video, makes you think of the long awaited Summer

I once drove from a motel in San Francisco to Yosemite. We left in the early morning in the dark. The sun rose over the Seirra Nevada mountains and as it did, they went from black to deep purple, then pink and then yellow. At dawn break Hotel California was played on the car radio. It was heavenly and surreal.

• Like 2

No Youtube links for me but so far on vinyl:

Camel - Music Inspired by The Snow Goose

Candlemass - Nightfall (it hasn't aged well in all honesty)

King Crimson - Red (gets better every listen)

Gong - You (Not much beats the glorious omm riff that is Master Builder)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Excellent you may like the above, can't beat 12 bar blues I've been playing it for 30 years

Nicely played, great guitar sound some nice riffs to borrow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Excellent you may like the above, can't beat 12 bar blues I've been playing it for 30 years

Oh yes indeed! I'm in a band so when all this virus malarkey has died down, I'll suggest covering this. As Louis Balfour would say, "Nice..."

Just thought I'd add this too, I recently went to see John Mayall and had never heard of Rock Athas. When they did this number and he started playing I was absolutely gob smacked I sat there with my mouth open. Hope you enjoy.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Just thought I'd add this too, I recently went to see John Mayall and had never heard of Rock Athas. When they did this number and he started playing I was absolutely gob smacked I sat there with my mouth open. Hope you enjoy.

And here he is 54 years ago. Hard to believe! Featuring the up and coming Eric Clapton.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

And here he is 54 years ago. Hard to believe! Featuring the up and coming Eric Clapton.

Indeed, hard to believe you could see the band for 2 shillings and sixpence or 12 1/2 p today.

I saw the last gig that Mick Taylor played for him before joining the Rolling Stones at the Portsmouth Guildhall, John was not very co-opertivewith him from a timing point of view to him, good concert though.

• Like 1

No doubt it's largely down to age (although some younger people are attracted) but I like to listen to songs/music mainly  pre 1980 when songs had a good melody, were clearly annunciated and not just a noise!  Here is one by Matt Monroe, regarded by many as good as if not better than Sinatra and possibly the best male singer of his genre that England has produced.  Llisten to perfect pitch, tone and clarity.  Nice scenery and the Muira From 'The Italian Job.'

• Like 8