Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No meetings of large groups

F owners no need to worry then.

How is everyone?

Petrol is cheap (er than it had been) and roads are quiet, shame they're full of holes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Been enjoying the open roads, with some (I'm lying, multiple), red line runs through the gears 😉

Although the F went into service and MOT for tomorrow

Schools now closing, expecting even quieter roads in the coming week 😄

Heard some chatter through military pals (unsure on reliability), that next week there might be some bans/ curfewscome into affect...

• Like 1

Been enjoying the open roads, with some (I'm lying, multiple), red line runs through the gears [emoji6]
Although the F went into service and MOT for tomorrow
Schools now closing, expecting even quieter roads in the coming week [emoji1]
Heard some chatter through military pals (unsure on reliability), that next week there might be some bans/ curfewscome into affect...
Mines due end April. Due warranty renewal too. [emoji51]

Curfew wouldn't surprise me, but don't like driving in dark at the moment anyway. Narrowly avoided an enormous pot hole the other night that would have wrecked a wheel.

I honestly think ive had it last year as quite a few people had an unknown illness in my area with same symptoms I had a very bad cough for a month and no appetite at all and extremely weak I lost over two stone, also its hard to explain a kind of all over body chill from time to time occured something ive never experienced in all my 37 years same with my wife and a fair few of my friends and family.

Went to the doctors to be told its not flu or a chest infection but I couldn't lay down to sleep if I did I couldn't breath and ended up loaning a few spare inhalers from a friend, that started late November and cleared up a week before Christmas ive spoke to some friends who had the exact same symptoms in the US around the same time so I reckon its been around a lot longer than were being told, if it was that I wouldn't want it again it was like flu but on steroids if of course it was that.

I've spoken to people who have suspected the same thing after being hit with something nasty around Xmas time.

6 hours ago, Comedian said:

I've spoken to people who have suspected the same thing after being hit with something nasty around Xmas time.

yes very strange definitely wouldn't want it again just wish the doctor would have taken a blood sample or something but all I got told was rest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Schools now closing, expecting even quieter roads in the coming week 😄

Hope so. I am still having to queue in traffic to get to work 7am in the morning up north in my F. 

though i did manage to utilize the speed en route to Wallington/national trust ytd afternoon/ but my god the rear step out rather frequently in corners :):):)

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I tell ya mankind is doomed, could not believe it going up to my local supermarket shelves were empty.

It was unreal how i wasted two hours ytd going to three supermarkets to find some nappies.. and came home empty-handed. 

23 minutes ago, Cactus said:

It was unreal how i wasted two hours ytd going to three supermarkets to find some nappies.. and came home empty-handed. 

We wanted dog poo bags on our Sainsbury's delivery but they were substituted with "little ones nappy bags"

• Like 1

I make my own bread. Needed 1kg of bread flour like I buy every 2 weeks. All gone. I was speaking with someone, bemoaning it, and he said " we bought loads of flour but don't know how to make bread, got it just in case" F .... F......S.....

People are strange. And these things just show how fragile it all is. A house of cards.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:11 PM, The-Acre said:

I'm down in a remote part of Cornwall for the week.  I think I saw 4 people today on a 10 mile walk!

I'll be in boscastle at end of June for 5 days. Been planning this group trip since late last year, unless there is a lockdown, no way I will be missing lovely Cornwall for 5 days! 

Ps: I had a cough which started last Nov into early dec, lasted 3 weeks. Though strength wise I was ok and can eat, wasn't short of breathe. Someone I know also had it around for 3 weeks in December. 

• Like 1

I went to do a bit of shopping last night first time ive seen all this commotion I couldn't get anything I needed so went home with a bottle of vodka and a 24 pack of cherry coke there wasn't one bottle of any mixer not even lemonade, are the government sure it just effects the respiratory system because from what im seeing its more neurological based .

17 hours ago, Comedian said:

I make my own bread. Needed 1kg of bread flour like I buy every 2 weeks. All gone. I was speaking with someone, bemoaning it, and he said " we bought loads of flour but don't know how to make bread, got it just in case" F .... F......S.....

People are strange. And these things just show how fragile it all is. A house of cards.

I don't understand that logic at all "got it just in case" what a waste you know its not ever going to get used with a comment like that.

don't mind a bit of baking myself love a good sourdough especially for pizza.

I went to a Lidl at 8:20am this morning, store open at 8am. Large queue outside , had to queue for 30mins before getting in. Manage to get most of what I wanted but missing pasta, porridge - though they had a lot of the cheap 75p ones which I didn't get because they take 30mins to cook and are still tough to eat! 

Thank goodness I didn't need loo rolls as they are all gone along with long life milk, soya milk, sugar. Manage to grab a last bag of frozen chips, pretty must most frozen food apart from icecreams are all gone. Never in my life had I ever queued outside a supermarket for 30mins trying to get in! Reckon gona be like this for a while. 

19 hours ago, 007M said:

I'll be in boscastle at end of June for 5 days. Been planning this group trip since late last year, unless there is a lockdown, no way I will be missing lovely Cornwall for 5 days! 

Ps: I had a cough which started last Nov into early dec, lasted 3 weeks. Though strength wise I was ok and can eat, wasn't short of breathe. Someone I know also had it around for 3 weeks in December. 

We're hoping to come back in late April as our European road trip is off.  It'll be daft if we can't because we're in the car all the way here and not near anyone when we get here.... apart from sheep!

Our 10 days Croatia and Montenegro trip for early may are also off. So we will be going more UK trips such as Wales, Dorset & lake District. We will also go by car. 

My only concern is if this panic buying food isn't sorted out by then. We didn't plan to eat out anyway but to buy and cook at accommodation, packed lunch for day out on short hikes and sightsee.