Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No meetings of large groups

2 hours ago, 007M said:

Our 10 days Croatia and Montenegro trip for early may are also off. So we will be going more UK trips such as Wales, Dorset & lake District. We will also go by car. 

My only concern is if this panic buying food isn't sorted out by then. We didn't plan to eat out anyway but to buy and cook at accommodation, packed lunch for day out on short hikes and sightsee. 

I'm hoping the supply of fresh produce which can't be stored will stay strong, then maybe as a nation we'll learn to cook healthy food again and use our imaginations.

• Like 2

My leaving for Spain on Good Friday is off, as is my return on 15 June.

My trip to Spain in September may or may not be on, but who care. We are currently alive and well and doing our damndest to smell the flowers.

Let`s be grateful for small mercies. 

21 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

We are currently alive and well and doing our damndest to smell the flowers.

Stay well. Anosmia is a symptom of covid-19... 

barry

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I'm hoping the supply of fresh produce which can't be stored will stay strong, then maybe as a nation we'll learn to cook healthy food again and use our imaginations.

if it gets to a point were there's nothing at all ive got a nice collection of guns which ill be breaking out along with a rusty old Subaru forester for a spot of poaching infact id sooner do that than waste my life queuing up outside a supermarket for loo rolls and pasta!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

if it gets to a point were there's nothing at all ive got a nice collection of guns which ill be breaking out along with a rusty old Subaru forester for a spot of poaching infact id sooner do that than waste my life queuing up outside a supermarket for loo rolls and pasta!

I've got three shooting permissions full of rabbit, squirrel and wood pigeon, it's a pity that the IS300h isn't four wheel drive! 😋

15 hours ago, 007M said:

I went to a Lidl at 8:20am this morning, store open at 8am. Large queue outside , had to queue for 30mins before getting in. Manage to get most of what I wanted but missing pasta, porridge - though they had a lot of the cheap 75p ones which I didn't get because they take 30mins to cook and are still tough to eat! 

Thank goodness I didn't need loo rolls as they are all gone along with long life milk, soya milk, sugar. Manage to grab a last bag of frozen chips, pretty must most frozen food apart from icecreams are all gone. Never in my life had I ever queued outside a supermarket for 30mins trying to get in! Reckon gona be like this for a while. 

Queuing outside a market or a shop was a part of our life during communism for nearly 50 years in Romania. In the 80’s we had food rationing: half a bread/day, 1kg of meat/week if we got lucky, 1l of milk per day only if you had kids, etc. Electricity was switched of at 8pm every day. It was terrible. 
I hope we are not going back to that globally 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Cezar B said:

Queuing outside a market or a shop was a part of our life during communism for nearly 50 years in Romania. In the 80’s we had food rationing: half a bread/day, 1kg of meat/week if we got lucky, 1l of milk per day only if you had kids, etc. Electricity was switched of at 8pm every day. It was terrible. 
I hope we are not going back to that globally 

Lot's of stuff is taken for granted, don't know what you got 'till it's gone.  Good reminder, Cezar.

On another note my local fuel station out of unleaded and vans queuing for 1 working diesel pump. Luckily I was after super and that was still flowing.

This seems odd as barely anything on the road, is supply restricted? Not seen panic buying, jerry cans etc. 

25 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Lot's of stuff is taken for granted, don't know what you got 'till it's gone.  Good reminder, Cezar.

On another note my local fuel station out of unleaded and vans queuing for 1 working diesel pump. Luckily I was after super and that was still flowing.

This seems odd as barely anything on the road, is supply restricted? Not seen panic buying, jerry cans etc. 

Where are you Sean ?

22 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Just bad luck probably, I've just got home from my amazing week in the wilds of Cornwall and all the fuel stations were open, fully stocked and just normal, or slightly less amount of customers.  In Salisbury, which seems to be awash with fuel stations it was business as usual.  Sadly, being peckish, I did buy a thing called a "potato dog" from the garage, that may have been a mistake!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Paul Brooksbank said:

I've got three shooting permissions full of rabbit, squirrel and wood pigeon, it's a pity that the IS300h isn't four wheel drive! 😋

Already on it, out with the PCP earlier today. 2 pigeons and 3 rabbits in half an hour. Already in the freezer.  Like being a sixteen year old back in rural Cumbria again. 

Might get the deer lamp and shotgun out later. 🦌🦌

#reallifewalkingdead 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Already on it, out with the PCP earlier today. 2 pigeons and 3 rabbits in half an hour. Already in the freezer.  Like being a sixteen year old back in rural Cumbria again. 

Might get the deer lamp and shotgun out later. 🦌🦌

#reallifewalkingdead 😂😂

Nice.

rmb to stay away from bat and pangolin 😉

• Haha 1

Where are you Sean ?
Lincolnshire. We were supposed to get electric in our houses & inside toilets this year too, but that won't happen now ;)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Might get the deer lamp and shotgun out later. [emoji1662][emoji1662]
#reallifewalkingdead [emoji23][emoji23]
If prefer it if you shot "stockpilers"

Well me and my wife have it almost identical to what I had in November apart from this time its hitting a bit harder dosing up on vitamin c 1000mg every 4 fours is helping us both.
Hope you both have a swift recovery.