Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 250 Automatic Wanted

tel999

Hi.

I am a very genuine buyer with funds in place. I am happy to travel for the right car. Genuine descriptions from genuine sellers.

No traders pretending to be retail. Sat nav would be nice but if the right car came along without, that would be ok.

TIA

Terry Rich

tel99996@yahoo.co.uk

Why not have a look on auto trader,pistonheads or visit some local car dealers?if you are lucky one might come up for sale on here but you might have a bit of a wait 

Hi.

Have tried that.....Fed up with traders trying to pass themselves off as genuine retail. Miss described cars eg  full service history but, I have lost the book and receipts. How long have you owned the car.....No reply etc, so thought I would try my luck here.

I think car traders/sellers etc have always been a bit OTT to be honest.Hopefully if you are prepared to wait and bide your time am sure you will find something to your satisfaction,however I would spread my net outside the forum as well.Good luck in your search 👍

Hi Tel999,

What vintage you after then?? I was selling my IS250 SE-L auto 128000 miles to upgrade to an LS. But I drove an aggregate 9.5 hours round trip to be screwed around right royally courtesy of the sole trader* that calls himself Lexus Southwest (LSW).

*as shown on Companies House website

I’ve had this car from new and it turns 13 in May. Cadaxton metallic slate grey with cream leather. FLSH bar the last stamp which was an independent.

Dunno if that’s your sort of thing or indeed if the domestic mgt will let me sell after the run around I got at LSW.

PeteTP

I think we're due some pics and a price Pete :wink:

8 hours ago, tel999 said:

Hi.

Have tried that.....Fed up with traders trying to pass themselves off as genuine retail. Miss described cars eg  full service history but, I have lost the book and receipts. How long have you owned the car.....No reply etc, so thought I would try my luck here.

Absolutely drives me nuts. Full xx Service History to me means fully stamped at the correct intervals by a main dealer. Not fully stamped at the correct intervals by a mail dealer up until 3 years old then smudgy Kwik Fit stamps until they stop entirely in 2017. Or 3 stamps five years apart for a 15 year old car but they happen to be by the main dealer. Or am I just picky??

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I think we're due some pics and a price Pete :wink:

Absolutely drives me nuts. Full xx Service History to me means fully stamped at the correct intervals by a main dealer. Not fully stamped at the correct intervals by a mail dealer up until 3 years old then smudgy Kwik Fit stamps until they stop entirely in 2017. Or 3 stamps five years apart for a 15 year old car but they happen to be by the main dealer. Or am I just picky??

You are not being picky, it annoys the hell out of me too.

I also agree that Pete needs to provide some photos. :smile:

I agree but the weather has not been good round our manor today which has hampered photo taking. Will remedy this as soon as conditions improve.

The other important point to note is that myself and my social secretary had agreed to put the LS search on hold following the Lexus Southwest fiasco. TBH we had a bit of a sickener. Added to which is, now that the 3 children won’t need ferried here and there with school shut, maybe I should save the cash especially in these times of enormous difficulty. Dunno.

Either way, a few photos FYI coming soon if you still think there is merit. Does that sound fair?

PeteTP

ive just run a quick search on auto trader filtering it down to 1 owner IS250 Auto's and it returned results of 20 cars within 100 mile radius. a quick scan showed some to be in very good condition and reasonably priced or i'm i missing something here? they cant be that scarce?

Morning Terry,

Ive talked to herself and as the Govt have tightened restrictions further again we are now minimising social interaction as we have a 93 year old to deal with. To that end, showing and test-driving my IS probably isn’t compatible with our latest modus operandi.

However, I am more than happy to share with you pictures of the car in question should you wish to further any interest you might have in it, once all this extreme abnormality has passed. The weather seems to be better today which will allow me to get some images.

If you feel this is worthwhile, then just let me know and I’ll upload the pictures. Hope you see things from my point-of-view.

PeteTP

• Like 1

Ok Terry,

Chilly wind but sunny. Therefore good for pictures. Sorry the car isn’t clean but thought this took a higher priority. Hoping the images will attach and get through the ether🤞....15CD5837-0766-48D3-B0A7-94552935021A.thumb.jpeg.983ac7b0f574d4ca5251a8e5ade83676.jpeg

4BBBA70C-0DE0-443F-B69E-75D114C4D6F3.jpeg

F0DE2442-DFC5-4823-BE08-35CCD5866411.jpeg

9A714F78-AC37-4692-BD2D-075DF1B071E8.jpeg

A595600B-453F-4954-AF11-4F73F937644D.jpeg

61D07328-517E-406E-8606-2C79A6CCDEC7.jpeg

• Like 2

A few more pictures .....

No accidents (quickly touch head!), no pets, no smoke. No rust...anywhere on coachwork or wheels. In fact not missed a beat since I bought it. Paid to totally refurb (strip, dip and powder coat) all 4 of the alloys in Feb this year. Only wear’n’tear items that I’ve had since purchasing the car from new have been replacing the tyres (recent), discs and pads all round. 

Hopefully that provides an overview.

PeteTP

A7C6AFCA-0292-4791-A52D-599C37864261.jpeg

2E4A68D4-C0CA-40BB-88E9-9AC0AFECB468.jpeg

666668F5-7DE9-4A5D-9FA9-FFB2124895D2.jpeg

225F2E5E-5F04-4ECB-942F-020546A10200.jpeg

64779D75-F5B3-4293-8714-7CB6BC19CD20.jpeg

336B2EB6-18DC-42A7-BED2-D0656A066D41.jpeg

AD1F1A45-7A66-45D6-92FD-18315CA9CF0B.jpeg

22DB5D4C-24FA-45AB-AEA3-00CF159F00B0.jpeg

C5179078-BED7-455C-A3AC-1246AD1CD2C3.jpeg

100C6350-F71D-4826-85CA-8AB72BCF37EA.jpeg

1402C56F-B467-4CEC-A1CA-95DDE8F51219.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks superb. Another car I'd be seriously tempted by!

I still think you should look at the 400h though Pete. Lovely motors, loads about, hold their value, unbelievably reliable.

Hello again,

Thank you for those nice words - whao.  It has been treated with great respect from day one - such are my picky and fastidious ways. 

I appreciate that the LS 400 is held in the highest esteem. However, the 460 SE-L ticks all the boxes on the ‘wish/want list‘ including my wife liking them! Anyway, this is all academic as there is nothing that fits the bill out there - at least for now. God knows I have looked everyday.

So, I think I am going to wait for normalisation to kick-in around the country in the hope that I can resume the search and make a breakthrough. However, in the meantime, should there be any member(s) interested in buying my much cherished IS250, please register your name on here so I can contact you when I put it on the market. Hope that seems reasonable.

Finally, a word of caution. There are a couple of IS examples advertised in the AA and the Internet by a certain sole trader in Yate, near Bristol. I’ve visited the premises and take my word for it - don’t waste your time or fuel. Just MHO of course.

Hope you are all ok out there in LOC.

PeteTP

Wow Pete, that is a seriously clean car you have there.  A real credit to you for keeping it in such a nice state.

Were I in the market for an IS250 I would certainly be knocking on your door (at the appropriate time, of course :smile:).

I just hope it goes to a good home with someone who will appreciate it.

• Like 1

PS Terry,

You are probably already aware but when the front doors are open these are 2 nice little touches that were factory standard. Sorry if you think they’re a bit twee or naff.

Thats enough from me!

PeteTP

C7BA86EF-4D09-4C59-9448-BA6C4176DE9B.jpeg

1 hour ago, PeteTP said:

Roy he is registered at Companies Hse a ‘sole trader’.

PeteTP

Southwest Lexus Limited Company Number 10274929 is currently Registered at Companies House and on Monday next (24th March) a Notice will be issued stating that the Company is to be Struck off and Dissolved within 2 months.

In my view it is not advisable for anyone to have any dealings with it or Mr John Arthur Churchill its only Registered Officer.. 

Blimey Roy,

Well, well well. That just shows what a tricky operator Mr Churchill actually is. So I think I dodged a bullet there by saying “No” as soon as he and the person* that was asking him to sell the LS I was interested in started their ‘funny business’. Disgusting behaviour and utter chancers. 

I think that this info needs to be put up as a separate thread so that all LOC members are informed. It also ought to be copied into Cars for Sale forum IMO.

WARNING:

The black LS460 SE-L (LD07 LSY) is still on eBay as is the Silver one. It’s John Churchill that’s  trying to sell them. The owner of the black one is a *Mr Alan Fellows who lives in Bristol. AVOID BOTH OF THESE PEOPLE AND ANY OF THEIR VEHICLES LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Thanks Roy for that important information.

PeteTP

47 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Southwest Lexus Limited Company Number 10274929 is currently Registered at Companies House and on Monday next (24th March) a Notice will be issued stating that the Company is to be Struck off and Dissolved within 2 months.

In my view it is not advisable for anyone to have any dealings with it or Mr John Arthur Churchill its only Registered Officer.. 

Anything to help a fellow Lexonian Pete.

As I mentioned previously I have had my eyes open for Southwestlexus and Stellar (formerly Mosesgate) for a while now.

I just don`t like people/organisations who/which are less than forthright and I despise the phrase "economical with the truth".

Good luck in your quest.

Interestingly, the director has applied for a voluntary strike off, after an application for a compulsory strike off was lodged then revoked in 2018

We can only speculate as to why? However on strike off any assets are deemed bona vacantia and will pass to the Crown. I am assuming the Ltd Co. will not be owning any assets by that date then!

I wonder if he sold his cars with a cast iron, gold standard warranty? If so, they will all go down the toilet with the ltd co. Be interesting to see if he reforms a new company to flog his stuff.

Hi David,

From direct personal experience I can say that his cars weren’t sold with any warranty. He did however push the insurance of a certain provider that has the most appalling online reviews - doubtless for a kickback. 

FWIW, the vehicle I was intending to buy was, “Not being sold by Lexus Southwest/John Churchill but for his friend. The car had a 12 month transferable warranty already on it”. Hmmmmm......That was the story I was given. During some due diligence, I had verified that Mr F was the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle, that he had a warranty on the car and it could easily be transferred to me on purchase. That assurance came directly, in writing, from the warranty company. I still have a photocopy of the V5 and his letter of warranty inception from the provider. The VIN ties up.

It’s worth noting that Lexus Southwest setup a website that was arguably trying to mimic Lexus mainline by using their style of icons and other similarities. However, I understand that when the matter was raised by a LOC member with Lexus U.K. they seem disinterested in their poorly executed doppelgänger, in Yate.

There we are. An interesting story that ends with relief that I promptly terminated my dealings with Mr Churchill the second I smell vermin at the onset of his BS and waffle.....and got all my deposit back too.....before it got much more difficult

To conclude, I’d strongly advise anyone against buying anything from Mr John Churchill or Mr Alan Fellows. I’d also advocate a proper check of the authenticity of any outfit that calls itself ‘Lexus blah dee blah’ with Lexus UK.

Er.....that’s it.

PeteTP