Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whilst I agree with what is being said here, I thought the understanding was that you didn't need to distance yourself from those you live with?

For example, a husband and wife didn't need to distance themselves in public because they were already in close proximity at home?

This obviously doesn't mean they can come in close contact with others whilst they are out.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Whilst I agree with what is being said here, I thought the understanding was that you didn't need to distance yourself from those you live with?

For example, a husband and wife didn't need to distance themselves in public because they were already in close proximity at home?

This obviously doesn't mean they can come in close contact with others whilst they are out.

Shahpor and Andy, distance YOURSELF means distance YOURSELF.No ifs, buts maybe`s or ah what ifs.

In France and Spain documentation must be carried to self certify that one is complying with Directives. Fines are levied immediately by the Authorities

130 euros for walking the dog without formal documentation. We are not there yet, but,don`t be surprised.

driving to and fro the supermarket today it seemed to me as if all drivers were keeping a very safe distance from each other whilst driving even

maybe there will be much less tragic traffic incidents these next months 

BUT I did have to shout at someone ( from my parked car )  in the Sainsburys Q who was edging closer to my partner in front of her in the Q

woke the Sainsbury's Q monitoring staff up for sure :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

I have observed pretty good behaviour in the queue at Waitrose (who are severely limiting the number of customers in the shop at any one time).

However, the thing I have noticed while driving is that people seem to have lost the ability to look before they drive out of side roads etc. They seem to think that nothing will be coming...

Take a look at this latest piece of officialdom:

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2020-03-26/police-ban-driving-anywhere-to-walk-your-dog-or-exercise/

What ever difference does it make if you drive somewhere in your private car to take exercise providing you take the proper precautions on distancing? It's the contact with others that is the issue, not driving.

15 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

I have observed pretty good behaviour in the queue at Waitrose (who are severely limiting the number of customers in the shop at any one time).

However, the thing I have noticed while driving is that people seem to have lost the ability to look before they drive out of side roads etc. They seem to think that nothing will be coming...

Take a look at this latest piece of officialdom:

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2020-03-26/police-ban-driving-anywhere-to-walk-your-dog-or-exercise/

What ever difference does it make if you drive somewhere in your private car to take exercise providing you take the proper precautions on distancing? It's the contact with others that is the issue, not driving.

Rules is rules Malc. My friend in Normandy would be fined 130 euros if she walked her dog passed her own gate if she did not have the proper attestation.

We is British, so let`s play the game according to the Rules.

I don't wish to be overly argumentative but I am not aware of any "rule" that says where you should exercise.

This is the precise Government wording:

You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
  • any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
  • travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

I can understand not taking your dog to a favourite walking spot because dogs tend to congregate and owners might stroke other people animals.

3 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

I don't wish to be overly argumentative but I am not aware of any "rule" that says where you should exercise.

This is the precise Government wording:

You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
  • any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
  • travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

I can understand not taking your dog to a favourite walking spot because dogs tend to congregate and owners might stroke other people animals.

I will not argue Malcolm.

My view is that "should"  = must and must is a rule to be followed.

The Prosecution rests M`lud.

This looks relevant

Replying to
Cars were parked in both the car park and on the hill up to it. A bags of stones that was at the entrance as a roadblock had been pulled to the side to allow cars to enter. Plenty of people were walking, many of which had parked up in cars before heading out for their walk.

D7j-5Y2F_x96.jpg

Some number plates were coming back to keepers in #Sheffield, so we know that people are travelling to visit these areas. Daily exercise should be taken locally to your home. Under government guidance all travel is limited to essential travel only.

Until the serious side of this covid-19 hits home literally some people will regard it as an inconvenience .

I have had droves of young families walking by my house as if they were on a sunday jaunt and disregarding the separation criteria they are not able to collate the information the government sends out because it is too precise and they are social media addicts that only work on whats on the latest blog.

If this virus came and bit thier arse they might take notice if they don't take notice they might end up with no arse to worry about.

• Like 2

Police are stopping quite a number of motorists in North Devon to establish whether they have good reason to be driving. 

I had an email from Green Flag of which this is part.

What this means for you.
First, and most importantly, please follow the government's advice and do not travel unless it's essential.
Second, if you do break down and we can't fix your vehicle at the roadside and have to take you somewhere, you'll need to remain in your vehicle while it's being towed. This is so our technicians can help you, but still follow social distancing guidelines to keep everyone safe

We'll take you to a safe location (so you're not stuck in your vehicle for a long time) where you can access public transport or have someone you know pick you up. Depending on your cover level, we'll cover any public transport costs, and once you're safe, we'll take your vehicle to a different location if required"

The situation will ease eventually but is likely to get much worse before it improves in terms of the number of those affected and of those that die.  The damage done to businesses large and small and to the self employed is incalculable as is the cost to the economy.  I think it will take many years for our population to enjoy the pre Coronavirus standard of living (and even before this we were living beyond our means).  Viruses can mutate and become more virulent and it remains a possibility sooner or later that another will follow, so the people of the world should take a lesson from this virus and be better prepared for another pandemic.     

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

The situation will ease eventually but is likely to get much worse before it improves in terms of the number of those affected and of those that die.  The damage done to businesses large and small and to the self employed is incalculable as is the cost to the economy.  I think it will take many years for our population to enjoy the pre Coronavirus standard of living (and even before this we were living beyond our means).  Viruses can mutate and become more virulent and it remains a possibility sooner or later that another will follow, so the people of the world should take a lesson from this virus and be better prepared for another pandemic.     

It is not that we weren`t warned.

11 minutes ago, 007M said:

My guess is this virus is man made. 

I totally agree with you - I was saying that from day one!

They said it is unknown virus, doubt that! Below is a Biology Book (it is on Russian but 2nd from right is a coronovirus formula) and the book is of 2010!

We just have to follow the rules, little isolation (3 or so months) won't heart, right? Hmm.

19 minutes ago, Vlady said:

I totally agree with you - I was saying that from day one!

They said it is unknown virus, doubt that! Below is a Biology Book (it is on Russian but 2nd from right is a coronovirus formula) and the book is of 2010!

We just have to follow the rules, little isolation (3 or so months) won't heart, right? Hmm.

I come to my assumption base on children are not affected. It's like it has been designed not to affect children. Given that most if not all diseases adversely affect those with weak immune systems - children/elderly & ill health people. 

I would go as far as saying I think USA planted this virus in China and Iran. It's easy to blame the Chinese for eating all sorts. Iran we know has not been conforming to uranium standards and as well attacked American bases. Every other countries are just part of collateral. 

I'm sure there are much more underlying reasons if it were man made. Of course this will never be proven either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

That doesn't actually mean anything as the word "Coronavirus" is an umbrella term for a group of viruses, amongst which are SARS and MERS.

Covid-19 is a coronavirus but it's a novel virus, which means that it's a new one that no one has ever seen before and it started out in animals. The initial route of transmission was animal to animal, then it mutated and made the jump from animal to human, and now it's human to human.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 007M said:

I come to my assumption base on children are not affected.

RUBBISH

one of my prtnrs nephews children is suffering quite badly ......  he's age 10

Malc

• Like 1

Covid-19 is just another variant of the Corona virus family. In fact it's the 19th to be identified. These viruses have probably been around since before Homo Sapiens. Bats seem to carry them but are not affected by them. Other animals catch the virus from the bat poop or from close contact with the bats and the virus then mixes with other viruses in the animals body and sometimes creates a hybrid that can infect humans. Some of them we label as the common cold (along with Rhino-viruses and others), some are misidentified as Flu (Influenza virus) and in most the symptoms are so mild that they are dismissed as "feeling a bit kack". As for it's supposed "man-made" origin,... bollox!

Covid-19 can affect anyone, regardless of age, but it tends to affect those with breathing/heart problems (whether or not they were previously known), so affects the elderly more percentage wise.
In the UK a 21 year old girl has died from it, and Great Ormond Street Hospital has several young children on ventilators because of it.

• Like 1

It is believed to have come out of Wuhan and there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing the Wuhan Meat Market.

If you've got a strong stomach here is one of them but don't watch if you're squeamish. However, having seen it myself, I'm not at all surprised that the virus first made the jump to humans there if that is indeed the case.

• Thanks 1

There will always be conspiracy theories 9/11 being part of a USA plot, the Americans never really landing on the moon (there was even a film on this once, can't remember whether it was before or after the actual landing but one of the astronaults who was hunted down escaped detection and turned up at his own funeral which gave the game away but that was a movie).  I don't for a second believe the C -19 was man made but if it was it was released unintentionally.  It has damaged every country, directly or indirectly particularly the USA.  I had not previously seen the Bill Gates video but he has been shown to have been correct.  Russia seems to have got off fairly light if you can believe what is reported but look how they cover up drug taking by athletes and what happened at Chenoble.