Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

It is believed to have come out of Wuhan and there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing the Wuhan Meat Market.

If you've got a strong stomach here is one of them but don't watch if you're squeamish. However, having seen it myself, I'm not at all surprised that the virus first made the jump to humans there if that is indeed the case.

WHO: First confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease in Finland, India and Philippines; all had travel history to Wuhan City.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200130-sitrep-10-ncov.pdf?sfvrsn=d0b2e480_2

latest from Dutch healhservices;  around 70% of people in artificial coma on the intensive care units are male and suffering from adipositas ( overweight). half of them below 50 years old. Doctors telling that "they all look thesame "   70% of deaths are over 70 years of age..   children can be infected as well with teens and tweens ending on ICU but this is very exceptional. Note that a lot of elderly people do not get to the ICU as they die before they get there in nursery homes or simply at home. 

15 hours ago, Tulpen said:

Interesting but logical regarding the Obese observation.

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Difficult to visualise the Chinese as being an "obese" nation.

just the Fat Cats and I guess there's many of those in positions of Absolute Power  ....  like everywhere else in the world eh !

Malc

this is good for the home and garden I'm sure ...  lots of jobs getting done around the place BUT, even the cats seem bored silly, they don't understand why they don't now have the run of the place with us now indoors almost 24/7 and letting all their mates in to play, rest and of course eat,sleep,eat and sleep and sleep and sleep

is this really what cats do all day ( and night )

Malc

13 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Have read that have found the virus in two Cats

OK to put this all to bed on cats

My prtnr is a Cats Protection co-ordnator with much experience and we have 4 cats ( god help us :wink3:

YES they do have a genetic ? coronavirus type which stays in the cat and it's NOT covid19 ....  you will find that all cats have this specific strain which has never ever passed to humans ......  well maybe in China I suppose  .......  and I remember going to Canton many years back ( about 30 ) on my holiday touring China AND was quite horrified at the delicacies on offer in the marketplace there .........  say no more ..............  it was a horror story ......  I part put it down to Canton having a very much French cuisine influence as they were the " colonialists " for that part of China in the day

Malc

• Like 1

By the way. This is a great video for helping understand virus and realising where media fail.

Get the facts

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

so back to an earlier happier post on here ..................

my rhubarb is just about ready to pick the first puddings worth 

anyone else in this enviable position ?

Malc

3 hours ago, Malc said:

so back to an earlier happier post on here ..................

my rhubarb is just about ready to pick the first puddings worth 

anyone else in this enviable position ?

Malc

No! In fact I tried to buy rhubarb to make a rhubarb and ginger tarte tatin but no joy.  On a positive note the lettuce and rocket seeds have germinated, the blueberries are in blossom and I'm just waiting for the tomatoes, peppers and chillies to sprout!

• Like 1

Hi

My father passed away from the coronavirus on Wednesday in his sleep, we found him unresponsive at 10:30am. It's very sad because we thought he would make a full recovery. 

I myself had the virus for 4 weeks, couldn't breath properly, couldn't eat because I couldn't taste anything or smell anything. My doctor advised me not to go hospital, and also not to take ibroprohen, only take paracetamol. I have lost alot of weight, I'm about 90% recovered now, but I miss my father 

• Sad 13