Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 hours ago, messi said:

Hi

My father passed away from the coronavirus on Wednesday in his sleep, we found him unresponsive at 10:30am. It's very sad because we thought he would make a full recovery. 

I myself had the virus for 4 weeks, couldn't breath properly, couldn't eat because I couldn't taste anything or smell anything. My doctor advised me not to go hospital, and also not to take ibroprohen, only take paracetamol. I have lost alot of weight, I'm about 90% recovered now, but I miss my father 

You tend to get complacent about this situation until you see something like this which bring it back into focus.  Suddenly having to stay at home being your only problem seems trivial.

So sorry to hear about this Qamar.

Look after yourself.

• Sad 1

Hi Messi, so sorry to hear your sad news. I am not good at writing to people about having relatives taken away from them so this is just to say will be thinking of you and hope you are spared anymore sadness. Mike.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi said:

You guys are great, thank you again for your kind words. 

Sometimes it takes news like this to really bring the reality home to us, and I'm very sad that it had to be news from another forum member.  There's much camaraderie on the LOC so it goes without saying that we're all hurt by this very sad news. Most of us have never met, but in some ways it does feel as if we "know" each other.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Sometimes it takes news like this to really bring the reality home to us, and I'm very sad that it had to be news from another forum member.  There's much camaraderie on the LOC so it goes without saying that we're all hurt by this very sad news. Most of us have never met, but in some ways it does feel as if we "know" each other.

When we are on the Forum Phil, we all "know" the Forum Members with whom we have corresponded with previously.

Well said Phil.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, messi said:

Hi

My father passed away from the coronavirus on Wednesday in his sleep, we found him unresponsive at 10:30am. It's very sad because we thought he would make a full recovery. 

I myself had the virus for 4 weeks, couldn't breath properly, couldn't eat because I couldn't taste anything or smell anything. My doctor advised me not to go hospital, and also not to take ibroprohen, only take paracetamol. I have lost alot of weight, I'm about 90% recovered now, but I miss my father 

Very sorry to hear of your loss Messi. Much of the talk on the media seems to be about numbers, statistics and graphs but every case is an incredibly sad human story, leaving devastated families in its wake.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, messi said:

Again thank you guys. 

I havent recovered 100%, I thought I did, but I'm still sometimes gasping for air, but it's slow recovering process 

Just take care of yourself and family.

Just hopping on line for short five minutes.

Sorry to hear the cr*p new on this virus and what it is doing.

It had a good go at me, 40degree temp for 14 days (felt like being tortured by some invisible spirit), then it gave me Pneumonia, Pleurisy,  and to cap it all a heart attack.  I lived with heart attack pain for two days (as it was not as bad as Covid pain), then finally rushed to hospital.

Cardio Dr, says the Covid more than likely stressed heart to failure, and sounds like I am lucky to still be here.  I am a fit 62 year old, so totally get why this virus  is so dangerous..

The HNS was ruddy brilliant and sorted me out (not sure if and when heart surgery going to happen), but I expect full recovery to be around 6 to 9 months.

Once I can be ars*d to sit a at a computer for longer than 10 minutes, hope to be back to my usual chatty self on the forum; been a bit strange being off line for a month.  In the meanwhile stay safe everyone,and I am going to switch my PC for another week or so.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Hi Pete sorry to hear what you have been through,hoping you are otherwise coping okay and hope you are back to your normal self soon🤞👍

oh my, what a terrible time but a growing successful outcome for you

good luck, blimey 62, a mere kiddy on the block then, you'll be fine

Malc

Blooming heck Pete, that’s horrendous. Get we’ll steadily and fully in your own time. We miss your wisdom but know you’ll be back on here very soon. Look after yourself.

kind regards,

PeteTxP

1 hour ago, Cotswold Pete said:

It had a good go at me, 40degree temp for 14 days (felt like being tortured by some invisible spirit), then it gave me Pneumonia, Pleurisy,  and to cap it all a heart attack.  I lived with heart attack pain for two days (as it was not as bad as Covid pain), then finally rushed to hospital.

Cardio Dr, says the Covid more than likely stressed heart to failure, and sounds like I am lucky to still be here.  I am a fit 62 year old, so totally get why this virus  is so dangerous..

The HNS was ruddy brilliant and sorted me out (not sure if and when heart surgery going to happen), but I expect full recovery to be around 6 to 9 months.

Once I can be ars*d to sit a at a computer for longer than 10 minutes, hope to be back to my usual chatty self on the forum; been a bit strange being off line for a month.  In the meanwhile stay safe everyone,and I am going to switch my PC for another week or so.

1 hour ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Sorry to hear of your fight with illness. Take things easy and get strong again. Get well soon.

Oh what a terrible development of this thread which started only in March19 on a relatively light note. The question was How Bad Will It Be,

Well, we now know beeing in the middle of it.  Messi my sincere condolences and Pete get well soon. I never met you dont even know how you look but hey we seem to have thesame interest and share the love for Lexus.  Regarding Covid 19 i can tell you it is an agressive beast not anyway near the flu. My wife had it for 3 weeks and she is now slowly getting out of it but boy it was a rough ride. The most frightening thing was it seems to travel through the body looking for a weak spot. Terrible headache one day next day backpain then heart then etc.

I just wish i could only worry about the health of my Lexus again.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links