Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pete, I note you are now going offline, so I can only wish that you are feeling much much better when you read this. It is really sobering to read your blog, and I am sure like everybody on here , trust you make a full recovery. We need your contribution back, Rgds, Roger

6 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Just hopping on line for short five minutes.

Sorry to hear the cr*p new on this virus and what it is doing.

It had a good go at me, 40degree temp for 14 days (felt like being tortured by some invisible spirit), then it gave me Pneumonia, Pleurisy,  and to cap it all a heart attack.  I lived with heart attack pain for two days (as it was not as bad as Covid pain), then finally rushed to hospital.

Cardio Dr, says the Covid more than likely stressed heart to failure, and sounds like I am lucky to still be here.  I am a fit 62 year old, so totally get why this virus  is so dangerous..

The HNS was ruddy brilliant and sorted me out (not sure if and when heart surgery going to happen), but I expect full recovery to be around 6 to 9 months.

Once I can be ars*d to sit a at a computer for longer than 10 minutes, hope to be back to my usual chatty self on the forum; been a bit strange being off line for a month.  In the meanwhile stay safe everyone,and I am going to switch my PC for another week or so.

Get well soon Pete. It had me with a fever for 9 days and with 3 days in hospital but I feel very lucky compared to you.  

12 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Blimey Colin it really is hitting LOC. Glad you are ok and all the best for a full recovery , Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger. Been out for a couple of weeks now, all fully recovered. It sounds worse than it was really, I had dehydration issues which is why I went into hospital and they kept me in as a precaution more than anything else.

5 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Thanks Roger. Been out for a couple of weeks now, all fully recovered. It sounds worse than it was really, I had dehydration issues which is why I went into hospital and they kept me in as a precaution more than anything else.

Glad you are ok Colin.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of more LOC members being affected so badly by this invisible enemy. Our middle child is currently v unwell with all the medical professionals say it is CV-19. Thus far, NHS won’t test him. Timing of a test is absolutely crucial and with our child they’ve missed the boat. From our experience it’s not as the public are being assured and told by HMG😡.

2 hours ago, PeteTP said:

Sorry to hear of more LOC members being affected so badly by this invisible enemy. Our middle child is currently v unwell with all the medical professionals say it is CV-19. Thus far, NHS won’t test him. Timing of a test is absolutely crucial and with our child they’ve missed the boat. From our experience it’s not as the public are being assured and told by HMG😡.

Sorry to read that Pete. We wish you and your offspring all our thoughts.

Glad to hear you fought through it Pete. 😃

As for the governments, I think once this is over there may well be a reckoning. I find it funny as **** to see the poliscum back pedalling like crazy and frantically greasing up their slopey shoulders. Their next steps will be to find someone else to blame like, oh... the W.H.O., the Chinese Government, anyone but themselves and their deadly policies. 😠

• 8 months later...

Well - now that we have experienced this in the family it was quite scary and we felt helpless at times.

Fever for over 2 weeks with wont go down, cough, loss of smell and taste, vomit with blood - fever subsided after about 17 days and things improved from there.

Hearing alot about it on a local level compared to the last 2 lockdowns

Hope everyone is ok.

7 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Well - now that we have experienced this in the family it was quite scary and we felt helpless at times.

Fever for over 2 weeks with wont go down, cough, loss of smell and taste, vomit with blood - fever subsided after about 17 days and things improved from there.

Hearing alot about it on a local level compared to the last 2 lockdowns

Hope everyone is ok.

Very sorry to read that Mark, but really pleased that you have pulled through.

• Like 2

Since the beginning of this mysery i have been following Dr John Campbell on Youtube. He has been posting daily updates about all developments ref Covid and i find this most helpfull. Very recommendable.

Little did we know back in March..   Currently in the Netherlands all closed except supermarkets, chemists, bakers and butchers. Work from home if possible, no schools, unis kindergardens etc. This Tuesday it is expected government will extend and tighten the current situation. Vaccination underway.

Most people now have close experience with Covid as it entered the family or circulated amongst friends.

• Like 1

yes indeed. close family, daughter, her hubby and my two grandchildren 12 and 15 ALL with covid and it spares no one

so everyone, take great notice of Govt rules and regulations and BE SAFE

Best wishes

Malc

13 minutes ago, Malc said:

yes indeed. close family, daughter, her hubby and my two grandchildren 12 and 15 ALL with covid and it spares no one

so everyone, take great notice of Govt rules and regulations and BE SAFE

Best wishes

Malc

Ditto. 4 of our family members including two young children, thankfully all recovered, now 4 of my friends, two in hospital one in ICU, and STILL we have a neighbour who doesn't believe its as bad as they say!  I'm sure he'll change his mind when it bites him in the backside!

Just now, The-Acre said:

Ditto. 4 of our family members including two young children, thankfully all recovered, now 4 of my friends, two in hospital one in ICU, and STILL we have a neighbour who doesn't believe its as bad as they say!  I'm sure he'll change his mind when it bites him in the backside!

Do try to stay safe Phil and Malc.

A glass of wine and/or a wee dram daily will not do either of you any harm !

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

and STILL we have a neighbour who doesn't believe its as bad as they say!  I'm sure he'll change his mind when it bites him in the backside!

I doubt that very much Phil, these people seem to have decided Covid is just a bad flu. Good friends of mine behaved like that completely ignoring all rules organising dinnerparties at home and simply not following or taking up general info about covid they were just not interested it seems. As i have become a hermit since March we did not attend and guess what all 6 people attending got the bug and still, when i hear them speak whilst beeing ill it just doesnt add up. they dont seem to realize the seriousness of the situation at all telling me they will leave for spain next friday as it will be over by then. The lack of knowledge with some people is frightening, the ignorance simply bizarre.  It will get worse before it gets better. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Do try to stay safe Phil and Malc.

A glass of wine and/or a wee dram daily will not do either of you any harm !

The same to you young man!  We've started buying wine from Aldi, some very decent stuff at very decent prices and free delivery!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I doubt that very much Phil, these people seem to have decided Covid is just a bad flu. Good friends of mine behaved like that completely ignoring all rules organising dinnerparties at home and simply not following or taking up general info about covid they were just not interested it seems. As i have become a hermit since March we did not attend and guess what all 6 people attending got the bug and still, when i hear them speak whilst beeing ill it just doesnt add up. they dont seem to realize the seriousness of the situation at all telling me they will leave for spain next friday as it will be over by then. The lack of knowledge with some people is frightening, the ignorance simply bizarre.  It will get worse before it gets better. 

Too true sadly!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

The same to you young man!  We've started buying wine from Aldi, some very decent stuff at very decent prices and free delivery!

Been buying from Aldi for a good few years now. As you say, free delivery too.

Will bring some back from Spain, whenever I can get out there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Been buying from Aldi for a good few years now. As you say, free delivery too.

Will bring some back from Spain, whenever I can get out there.

Whereabouts you are in Spain John and what you take back?  My favorites are Albarino, Verdejo as whites and Rioja and duero. I move about just south of Barcelona.

58 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Whereabouts you are in Spain John and what you take back?  My favorites are Albarino, Verdejo as whites and Rioja and duero. I move about just south of Barcelona.

We are in  Andalucia near to Lake Vinuela approx 40 mins North of Velez Malaga.

I take back Rioja and Ribera del Duero and collect Claret and Chablis in France.

Not been there since December 2019 though Bernard. !

I take your route sometimes as I travel over the Milau Viaduct, but generally I travel via Bordeaux or Limoges.

• Like 1

On the flip side, the company that I worked for until yesterday is blatantly ignoring the lockdown rules and put its staff at risk 👿

I even contacted the police but they wouldn't do anything...

27 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

On the flip side, the company that I worked for until yesterday is blatantly ignoring the lockdown rules and put its staff at risk 👿

I even contacted the police but they wouldn't do anything...

Contact the Health & Safety Inspectorate Shahpor ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links