Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh Dear.. It's Going Back!

Well, after only 2 days in the lovely IS200 I'm afraid it's going back. There's more oil on my drive than I've ever seen and it all looks very worrying.. :( Sob..

I hope they don't give me a Ford Ka or some rubbish as a courtesy car...

Just had it checked out - it's not mine !!!!!!

It's .. the neighbours car - and they're gonna have to pay for cleaning my chuffing drive !!! Apparently they were using it while I was away on business (I gave them permission, but still)

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Dealer was A1 - absolutely excellent guys. I felt a bit daft when they said there was no problem, but hey - best to be safe than sorry.

By the way - I do have a serious issue with the Lexus.. Can someone explain how to drive it "slowly" .. I don't appear to be able to... ;) ;) ;)

when u mean slowly, do u mean it lurches a bit when at slow speeds? if so this is down to the electronic throttle - only thing u can do to sort it out is to press the snow button - this smooths things out a bit, but you will get used on how to drive it quickly.

Just had it checked out - it's not mine !!!!!!

It's .. the neighbours car - and they're gonna have to pay for cleaning my chuffing drive !!! Apparently they were using it while I was away on business (I gave them permission, but still)

:lol::lol::lol:

quite embarassing - but much better than the alternative eh? :D

glad to hear all worked out well for you mate ;)

Hehe and to think you doubted the brand for a minute!!

Good to hear things are okay, reminded me of when I took my first Punto back because the rear speakers weren't working - it didn't have any (got confused by the two way speakers counting as more than one!)

Enjoy the ride

He does say OIL on the drive!!!!!

Mr Scorpion

From the pictures on your signature, it would appear that you are the proud owner of a block paving driveway which would most likely obviously show the difference between an oil puddle and a puddle of air-con condensation water.

If, like me, Mr Gears has a tarmac drive, it is not always easy to tell exactly what fluid has caused the puddle unless you either smell it :sick: , taste it :yack: or spray water on it. Many a person (including my elderly next door neighbour) has unhelpfully informed me that my car has wee'd out all of it's oil over the driveway when in actual fact, it's just the air-con performing it's natural functions.