Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20,000 miles for an filter change....

So this is our filter after 20,000 miles. It'll be getting changed every 10,000 going forward.  Seems odd to me for such an inexpensive, critical item they would push it to 20,000 miles.... yet the cabin filter is every 10,000miles.

20200323_113142.jpg

• Like 2

Well that's what they say,however choice is yours,its a bit like oil change every 20,000 miles,so if it takes me 6 years for me to do 20,000 its means no oil change in six years,don't think so 

• Like 1

air filters used to last me 2 services, about 25k miles BUT for the past few years it has become very gunged-up at each and every annual service

the air we breathe has just got so much poorer

Malc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malc said:

air filters used to last me 2 services, about 25k miles BUT for the past few years it has become very gunged-up at each and every annual service

the air we breathe has just got so much poorer

Malc

The condition of the engine air filter will depend very much on where you live. Living in Herefordshire on the Welsh borders the air quality is very good, and all I get in my filter after 25,000 miles is a few leaves, and dead bugs that can easily be tapped out. This also applies to the AC filter.

John.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Malc said:

very gunged-up at each and every annual service

or perhaps the air filters are more progressive and efficient in catching the crap ...........  never seen leaves in mine though but I'm happy to say the bug population around Kent is fiercesomely strong  ...........  does that mean good quality environment ..............  providing they are " good " bugs of course

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links