Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

6 Speed gearbox shifter wiring loom colours

TDP

Hi, I appreciate this is not something most will be able to help with however does anyone have a wiring diagram for the shifter for a 6 speed transmission? I am trying to find out what the various colour wires coming from/going to the shifter relate to. There are 7 wires: green, black, white, yellow, white with green stripe, blue, white with black stripe. Happy to share the results once/if my paddle shifter project works. Thanks.  

20200323_144146.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good there Toby. Have you checked my old build thread? I did some research on this but 'bottled out' of converting to an IS paddle shift set up.

Skipper do a full conversion kit, they might have a diagram but let me check the records and get back to you. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Neil, I already had the PDF manual but despite trawling the net for ages hadn't found the other link. Very useful as it shows I am on the right track. I've mounted my paddles on the column (like a proper race car!) thus avoiding having to mess with wires through the clockspring. I need to identify which of the wires from the manual shift control the up/down shift and then (I think) build in some safeguards so that the paddles work only in sport mode and cannot both be activated simultaneously as I guess the transmission might not enjoy that. Not got much else to do now in lockdown so I've got plenty of time.

• Like 1

Interesting, I was going to try to use the clock spring and an IS wheel. My search for the wiring keeps pulling up diagrams that are for everything else.

I used a Subaru legacy 2006 paddle shift. Required cutting away all but the switches of the Subaru assembly and designing/welding new fittings to attach it to the column. I've had to relocate the steering column adjustment switch and cut out parts of the plastic lower column cover. It all fits pretty well although it is a tight fit to avoid fouling the other column controls. In theory I understand the wiring but need to splice in some additional connections and find out which wire does what. Found quite a bit online but sadly nothing as simple as a colour chart for the wiring. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links