Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Here's hoping everyone manages to keep hold of their F car

3 hours ago, Moleman said:

It may be different in different places, but shops are being restocked and if everyone is sensible it will be fine for all. Panic will not help anyone.

I'm not panic buying, merely discussing what is currently going on in society. With regards to panic buying you are preaching to the converted.

• Like 1

I'm stuck with fairly heavy HP payments on the RCF, but I should be able to make it work.

I've read through the contract and I've not got many options anyway!

The wife will go before the F goes, I've got a bad joke, but probably not forum appropriate 😆

I'm being made to take unpaid leave at work, so things will be tight.

Just applied for a new mortgage aswell, as my current deal is running out. 

If work pressure continues long term, I shall have to reassess.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:24 PM, B1RMA said:

My wife had greater success than me when she went Sainsbury's but be warned the booze section is virtually empty at times. She managed to get two boxes of the Merlot thank God, after all one just can't have a Pizza without several glasses of red wine

Pizza is a snack, red wine is a staple! 

9 hours ago, V8ORBUST said:

I'm stuck with fairly heavy HP payments on the RCF, but I should be able to make it work.

I've read through the contract and I've not got many options anyway!

The wife will go before the F goes, I've got a bad joke, but probably not forum appropriate 😆

I'm being made to take unpaid leave at work, so things will be tight.

Just applied for a new mortgage aswell, as my current deal is running out. 

If work pressure continues long term, I shall have to reassess.

Good luck with all that, I have told my wife on several occasions that she would go before I sell any of my cherished possessions, never goes down well that comment I've found to my cost.

As I mentioned I lived through mortgage rates of 17% and ran my company through two very difficult and severe down-turns in the economy. You get through these things in the end, but afterwards you are a bit wiser, poorer and have have better understanding of the saying sh*t happens, if you are smart enough you learn so the next time sh*t happens you're a bit better prepared.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Brooksbank said:

Pizza is a snack, red wine is a staple! 

I'll mention that to Giuseppe next time I ask him for advice about making my Pizza's, I'm sure he'll have plenty to say on that subject😁

3 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Good luck with all that, I have told my wife on several occasions that she would go before I sell any of my cherished possessions, never goes down well that comment I've found to my cost.

As I mentioned I lived through mortgage rates of 17% and ran my company through two very difficult and severe down-turns in the economy. You get through these things in the end, but afterwards you are a bit wiser, poorer and have have better understanding of the saying sh*t happens, if you are smart enough you learn so the next time sh*t happens you're a bit better prepared.

P.S just reading back through the last sentence it's not meant as a comment towards you just a general observation. 

• Like 1

Well d-day has almost come, have a few mandatory trips to do and will have some excessively spirited driving in the F, then it is SORN. However, spot of good news, being deployed into the NHS in coming weeks to lend support in the South, havent been a true healthcare worker for nearly 2 years, but DWP employs the company I work for (filled with ex healthcare professionals), we are all being put on secondment to help with the predicted influx of cases in coming weeks!

43 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Well d-day has almost come, have a few mandatory trips to do and will have some excessively spirited driving in the F, then it is SORN. However, spot of good news, being deployed into the NHS in coming weeks to lend support in the South, havent been a true healthcare worker for nearly 2 years, but DWP employs the company I work for (filled with ex healthcare professionals), we are all being put on secondment to help with the predicted influx of cases in coming weeks!

That's good news for you at least it's being thrown a life line as such. I don't think this virus has reached anywhere near it's peak, I'm having to be ultra careful as I can't have the flu jab due to having a very severe allergic reaction to egg based cultures added to that I have the same allergic reaction to penicillin so in a word I'm F**ked 

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

That's good news for you at least it's being thrown a life line as such. I don't think this virus has reached anywhere near it's peak, I'm having to be ultra careful as I can't have the flu jab due to having a very severe allergic reaction to egg based cultures added to that I have the same allergic reaction to penicillin so in a word I'm F**ked 

I'm honestly just looking forward to doing something, rather than being sat at home doing sweet f-all! The models for 'pandemics' show that we are likely to peek in the next 1-2 weeks (at least for the South), but wouldn't rule out a 'second wind' in the coming months when people become lack luster with precautions...

That is crap luck with the allergies! Hope you are keeping well though, unsure of the relationship between viruses and wine, but worth a bash right? 😉

I feel for you all if your income is under threat and you have car payments to make. I'm lucky, my job is safe and the car is paid for. I just need to dodge the virus if that's possible!

Good luck in the coming months, this situation is going to change our world for a very long time.

Yes, my thoughts go to anyone layed off work and all you businessmen as that must be worrying for loads of reasons not least finance on an F car.  I realise I'm lucky in his respect as employed by a big telecoms company, have worked from home for years and my ISF was cash purchased. If I can keep in good health Im hoping to ride his storm with minimal impact. I thought about SORN but didnt as a weekly trip to the supermarket in the ISF may have to be the only fun I get in the near future 

I am definitely more fortunate than neighbours reagrding work scenario and it really is an out of blue moment!

The car is safe for me, as I am guaranteed my basic pay, but considering I make that again in overtime, I've had a large reduction in incomings. I can still afford the F and other bills with my monthly pay overall, but it leaves little room for 'rainy day scenarios', the F has just been serviced and MOT'd (through service plan), tax and insurance renewal are due tomorrow, so SORN right now saves me £1k immediately so a no brainer! Got an Abarth Biposto (swear word I know), that costs me next to nothing to run in the mean time, should I need to get anywhere 😄

I applied for the finance holiday (still pending) only because I intend to buy the F at the end of the agreement, so saving money right now benefits me more and I'll just work a smidge harder when we get back to normal to cover the slight increase to final payment!

• Like 2

I'm fortunate as myself and my wife are classed as key workers. Been self isolating for 9 days as my wife has been ill, so I'm climbing the walls atm. 

So long as I don't get ill, I can get out on Sunday...although had a tickly cough today. 😷 hoping it's nothing. Self medicating with Merlot, which my wife picked up today on her first trip out.

1 hour ago, d3ron said:

I'm fortunate as myself and my wife are classed as key workers. Been self isolating for 9 days as my wife has been ill, so I'm climbing the walls atm. 

So long as I don't get ill, I can get out on Sunday...although had a tickly cough today. 😷 hoping it's nothing. Self medicating with Merlot, which my wife picked up today on her first trip out.

Sounds a good plan, the Merlot I mean.

On 3/25/2020 at 2:16 PM, B1RMA said:

Indeed, having lived through interest rates at 17% and managing to keep my house plus two pretty tough down turns I've learned to be a bit cautious. 

Tough times, but not as tough as trying to sell an F car 😉

23 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Tough times, but not as tough as trying to sell an F car 😉

Spot on there old boy, like the RSPCA slogan about a puppy being for life not just Christmas perhaps Lexus should adopt this because it seems an RCF is for life not just Christmas.

Having come to my senses and changing a car just because I can or I'm bored I'm quite happy to slum it for the next few years. Plus my plan is to save up the money to buy the new C8 Corvette, I won't buy the first lot as I don't want the bother of potential teething problems so in about three years time my RCF will probably be a bit easier to sell. That is of course if the current situation doesn't turn into a Black Swan event I hear tale of. 

3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Spot on there old boy, like the RSPCA slogan about a puppy being for life not just Christmas perhaps Lexus should adopt this because it seems an RCF is for life not just Christmas.

Having come to my senses and changing a car just because I can or I'm bored I'm quite happy to slum it for the next few years. Plus my plan is to save up the money to buy the new C8 Corvette, I won't buy the first lot as I don't want the bother of potential teething problems so in about three years time my RCF will probably be a bit easier to sell. That is of course if the current situation doesn't turn into a Black Swan event I hear tale of. 

RC-F is a great car to pass the time with.

In all fairness, I came to the conclusion when selling my RC-F, the market for them is minute. This conclusion takes into consideration that a £30k car would usually be bought on finance and that most people want M, AMG or RS.

I think it's a case of sucking up the loss on trade in, or waiting until the value drops.

Totally agree, having owned and tried the others I settled on the RCF because it was different.

In all honesty when I bought the RCF there wasn't anything else I liked or fancied buying, I thought it was a bargain at £43K at just over a year old with 5000 miles on the clock plus being a gadget freak had the AVS and TVD so i had to buy it.

With the benefit of hindsight I would have probably still have bought it if I'd have known then what I know now. I'm not going to drop my trousers and trade it in because there isn't anything on the market that I consider to be decent value for money anyway.

I expect in three years time it will still be a low mileage decent example and I'll probably decide then to keep it because it will be immaculate and low mileage, plus the market for them secondhand probably won't change so it may be for life not Christmas and if all goes well will have saved up enough for the Corvette.

Tough times, but not as tough as trying to sell an F car [emoji6]
I'm daily driving mine while roads quiet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Comedian said:

And petrol at £1 a litre why not. For some reason Shell seem to think they can charge more, thank goodness for Tesco super

I’m in isolation for 12 weeks 😔....fostair steroid asthmatic and no spleen puts me in the vulnerable category, fortunately I’m one of the lucky ones and receive full pay, is actually London Underground that has suspended me from duties, I feel for my colleagues as we’re short staffed anyway like most companies, I’m lucky in the fact that I own my cars n bike, two of the kids have had it, one is still bad with temperatures well in the 39’s, both are isolating elsewhere due to possibly affecting me, the wife a nurse (in private sector now) is on the reserve list if needed, a hotel for her if she gets the call as she won’t be allowed home......these times are bleak times and hopefully all will good in time, look forward to a collective meet in time and hopefully with the sun still shining 🤞🏻......keep safe fellow F’ers

4 hours ago, Comedian said:

I taxed the AMG today, was thinking about SORNing it, but sod it, I'll use it for shopping and popping out to pick up my daughter (which is allowed).

1 hour ago, Womble72 said:

I’m in isolation for 12 weeks 😔....fostair steroid asthmatic and no spleen puts me in the vulnerable category, fortunately I’m one of the lucky ones and receive full pay, is actually London Underground that has suspended me from duties, I feel for my colleagues as we’re short staffed anyway like most companies, I’m lucky in the fact that I own my cars n bike, two of the kids have had it, one is still bad with temperatures well in the 39’s, both are isolating elsewhere due to possibly affecting me, the wife a nurse (in private sector now) is on the reserve list if needed, a hotel for her if she gets the call as she won’t be allowed home......these times are bleak times and hopefully all will good in time, look forward to a collective meet in time and hopefully with the sun still shining 🤞🏻......keep safe fellow F’ers

Let's hope you manage to keep clear of it, it's always been part of my routine for many years to ask my circle of friends if they have any symptoms of flu as I have to avoid them, but of course that's a bit of a waste in supermarkets and just about everywhere else.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Good luck and stay healthy.

It could be my Mrs has just had it, 38 temp but no other symptoms. Turns out she had served 2 confirmed cases at work, so likely that she has had it. She got away extremely lightly if that is to be the case.

Lexus finance are being proactive and contacting customers to see if they need help.

Going to leave it as long as possible.

I think I might be ok.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links