Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Outdoor cover recommendation

ralphyimages

I need to invest in an outdoor cover for my car and would be gratedful for recommendations please.  It will only be used infrequently but nevertheless I'm keen to get one that'll have minimal impact on the paintwork and also is a good fit for the SC430.

Thanks

R

When I had a BMW Z3 I managed to find a new genuine cover on eBay. It was an outdoor version but I mainly used it in my garage. 

PU coated nylon is probably the best material. Important to ensure its well secured so that it doesn't chafe the paintwork. 

Try the Classic Car magazines for finding tailor made covers as I doubt Lexus made one. 

I recently bought an outdoor cover from Halfords, which seems to be of good quality, being breathable with a type of fabric lining, so should be kind to the paintwork. Mine was a large size, which swamped my Mercedes W124, but is probably the right size for my LS400. It was only used for a few weeks during the bad weather, but seemed very effective.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Classic Editions cover now fitted.

The quality feels definately superior to any other covers I've had over the years, hopefully it'll last longer than them too.

The tree above it is the reason for needing it, there are numerous crows nesting in there and at this time of year they make an awful mess of anything in the immediate area!

IMG_4604.jpeg

I have the same cover..make sure you put the supplied straps under the car to pull the cover tight, or you may get marks on the paintwork as it rubs and flaps in the wind .

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have a classic additions one for my 911 - it is excellent but as Bob has said it needs properly securing, I have had minor issues with rub on the paintwork over the rear wheel arch. As a bonus if you ever have any problems, if you call them, a very pleasant lady answers the phone very quickly and sorts out the issue straight away - they have sent me spare straps and adhesive patches free of charge.