Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SORN or not?

JeffL

Someone mentioned on here the other day that they were going to SORN their car as they were not intending to use it for the foreseeable future due to the current virus situation. As we have two cars and mine is by far the more expensive to tax at £555 p.a. (£46.25 per month) I am thinking of putting my GS300 (2007) on SORN. I would welcome opinions from the very nice and knowledgeable people on here as to whether it's okay to do this and what should I do to ensure my car does not suffer any untoward problems. My car is garaged at home. I believe I can SORN it online with immediate effect, so I would do it by next Tuesday 31st. Also I believe that I can tax it again with immediate effect at anytime in the future whenever I want to. Let me know asap. Thanks.

Just read the AA's Laying up you car advice. Basically, Full tank of petrol reduces chance of condensation in tank, connect to a trickle charger, parking brake off (no problem with an auto if left in Park), keep a check on tyre pressures. Seems reasonable to me, but I'm no expert.