Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The F performance replacement car.

Just for fun, I've been thinking "what would be a perfect super special weekend car?"

Obviously the options are limitless, but with our frenemy depreciation in play, there is some special kit you can pick up for £60k. Who knows with the current climate where the prices will end up.

I've a few suggestions which I've found on autotrader, let me know what you'd add to your list. 

Let's start with the LC500, space age looks and a stunning interior. This one is 2017 model with 10.6k miles on it and priced at £50k

6ea57e0611ba4b0e9824a4a77b669efb.jpg

Jaguar F-Type SVR, the ultimate F-type. This is a 2016 model with 11k miles priced at £59k

157e873b5cce4167b4598af1210bb359.jpg

Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS, gorgeous looks with another amazing interior. 2015 model with 37k miles priced at £55k

96f6a6e1b9df423db42fe9569f62428c.jpg

You could just about get into the Evora 410 Sport for that money. Wouldn't loose a great deal but if you hung on you may get a 410 GT.

For the money you get back to the basics of excellent, superb yes superb road holding and feel, at the price of iffy bits falling off it or not working but the Toyota engine is a gem.

• Like 1

I would get an s2000 for sub 25k and put the rest of money in good use. As S2000 has enuf power for uk road imo.

image.thumb.jpeg.a081dc502d052fa70c0de70e176437fc.jpeg

if we are going by the 50-60k price tag. I would get an r34 vspec if possible 🙂 i think it will hold value well.

3AB7525D-92F2-4029-A649-3A297935CE44.thumb.jpeg.84e41feea34923a0a8246e9565780d13.jpeg76D72F98-F0EA-49A0-9985-CF0F99A59430.thumb.jpeg.e4aca2dcf751f50c5827f040166098ce.jpeg

barry

Although not quite in the same league as some above, I really liked the Alpine A110 I was in a few weeks ago, felt quite special to me

Felt special but something that could be used daily as well as a great weekend car, great on fuel is a bonus too

Still my favourite looking car of all time.

When I was 18, a guy I worked with at Barclay's took me out in his 355 Spyder.  

Probably slower than my ISF but the noise was intoxicating 🙂

GTS is my favourite as best of both worlds.  Semi top down motoring but don't lose the F355's lines 🙂

Screenshot_20200326-223613.jpg

18 hours ago, Comedian said:

I don't like Turbo's much but the new Yaris GR4 would be perfect round the lanes where I live. 

Totally agree. I love the idea but waiting on more reviews when its closer to release.

I went to my local dealer and as I was looking at the Alpine A110 I thought Id check out the Supra. I didnt get the drive it but I came away pretty disappointed with the interior, poor visibility etc. The A110 just felt much more like an occasion, visibility was much better (front), I must be getting old as Ive never fussed much about visibility before!

• Like 1

Hi all:driving:

This is what i would have money no object  https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908161205230?advert-type=dealer-stock&fromDealerProfile=true&dpp=10020054&advertising-location=at_cars

65Mike:driving:

13 hours ago, Flytvr said:

£50k...... I'd get two cars.

Maybe a 997 and a GS-450h / Volvo S90

Oooooooo - Honda NSX. Yes, an NSX

I tried one, very nice but reminded me of my girlfriends/now wife’s Honda Prelude inside. Bought a late V8 Esprit instead. Bad move

Just to add I never liked the sound of the V-tec engine either unlike the Lexus it sounded like it was going to explode

A series 1 NSX is a good call, they have rocketed up in value. 

Always had a hankering for an Aston, a V12 Vantage manual would be amazing, but again rocketing up in price. Couldn't afford to run one anyway.

A mint 90's MR2 GT T-Bar to throw around the country lanes.

I'd have a C8 quite happily out of brand new cars.

My list goes on to be fair.

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I tried one, very nice but reminded me of my girlfriends/now wife’s Honda Prelude inside. Bought a late V8 Esprit instead. Bad move

Just to add I never liked the sound of the V-tec engine either unlike the Lexus it sounded like it was going to explode

V8 Esprit - brave 👍

NSX for me..... I had a pic on my wall as a student (right next to Kate Bush). I just think the NSX could well be the sweet spot performance wise on the road and it's already a classic

5 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

V8 Esprit - brave 👍

NSX for me..... I had a pic on my wall as a student (right next to Kate Bush). I just think the NSX could well be the sweet spot performance wise on the road and it's already a classic

Indeed, one of my customers a very wealthy chap who ran an engineering company had one, he also had a four post lift in his garage. I took my Esprit over one day and we put our cars on the ramps for a good look. The NSX had lovely aluminium wishbones and everything as you would expect from Honda was engineered to the highest standard. My Esprit on the other hand was cheap pressed parts, underneath the Lotus looked like a kit car (I have fallen out with a lot of Lotus fan-boys because I have always said the Esprit and many other models of that era are just a nano hair away from a kit -car)

From a cost point of view my customer friend couldn't see how Honda could make any money on them. The same was true with my Honda Rune motorbike they were reported to have cost Honda USA $120K each to make and they retailed them for $30K just to prove they could make such a thing and I guess to a certain degree the NSX was very similar.

• Like 1