Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf aftermarket exhaust

Hi all

Anyone can shed some lights on aftermarket exhaust for lexus isf?
I have been looking at borla and h&s.
My main fear is the drone/ but heard the x-pipe solves alot of that issue. 

any advice would be appreciated.

Barry

No drone on my H&S, it's quietest at 80 which suits me fine. Mine has the X pipe but I know others don't and to be honest they seem quieter than mine.figure that one out. 

I am running the Afe Takeda and standard headers . 

11 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

No drone on my H&S, it's quietest at 80 which suits me fine. Mine has the X pipe but I know others don't and to be honest they seem quieter than mine.figure that one out. 

Did you leave the secondary cat in? 

barry

1 hour ago, Axeboy said:

Also interested 🙂

The Fox exhaust seems a bit of a bargain so any opinions on that would be grateful too

I have the Fox exhaust fitted.  Went for the straight cut tips and had them painted black.  I contacted Fox in Germany directly to sort that out.

It's louder than stock but there is a bit of drone now and then.

My friend has the full H&S system with X-Pipe.  The H&S sounds way better IMO and if I was to buy an exhaust again it would be the H&S.

Screenshot_20200326-212453.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I have the Fox exhaust fitted.

It's louder than stock but there is a bit of drone now and then.

My friend has the full H&S system with X-Pipe.  The H&S sounds way better IMO and if I was to buy an exhaust again it would be the H&S.

Where did you source your exhaust? I cant seem to find it.

i think price will come into it as well. I say this because the Hks is soooo expensive....

barry

1 minute ago, Cactus said:

Where did you source your exhaust? I cant seem to find it.

i think price will come into it as well. I say this because the Hks is soooo expensive....

barry

Just updated my post.  I contacted Fox directly as they offer two different tail pipes.  One inwardly rolled which I don't like and one slash/straight cut which I prefer.  

Also got them to coat in black

11 hours ago, NothernDan said:

same here, but on standard airbox, secondary cats removed

11 minutes ago, Axeboy said:

This is where is spotted the Fox exhaust: https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/fox-exhaust-backboxes/lexus/isf.html

Two choices there, I assume the different tips? 

Given the info above though, I'm swayed to the H&S now

In my opinion owning a Fox Exhaust equipped car driven my friends H&S exhaust equipped ISF...  It's the H&S every time 🙂

Cool thanks for the advice! Sounds like H&S without x-pipe is the way to go.

I guess would be interesting to hear someones view on the Borla!

barry

I got a custom setup made with remote control valves and high flow cats no drone at all and almost as quiet as standard when valves are closed but sounds like a super car when there open I do have ppe headers fitted also though so I should expect the sound would differ slightly if your running standard headers,cost me cheaper than the h&s system but that was with four round black tips which I ended up hating after a month so had some carbon fiber oval tips made up which put the cost up a bit more that's a company called STG performance a guy called shane,  he knows his stuff works on race cars and bikes  the welds on the exhaust are a work of art shame there not visible.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 1:49 PM, Northern isf said:

I got a custom setup made with remote control valves and high flow cats no drone at all and almost as quiet as standard when valves are closed but sounds like a super car when there open I do have ppe headers fitted also though so I should expect the sound would differ slightly if your running standard headers,cost me cheaper than the h&s system but that was with four round black tips which I ended up hating after a month so had some carbon fiber oval tips made up which put the cost up a bit more that's a company called STG performance a guy called shane,  he knows his stuff works on race cars and bikes  the welds on the exhaust are a work of art shame there not visible.

Sounds ideal!!! Any pics and hows the remote control valves holding up? 

Last H&S offered a discount it was £50 per system.......they will all have a drone about them until they coke up a little inside, I paid £720 for mine from memory from Dean at PipeCraftExhaust.....I went for cat back with resonator removal.....I’ve also got larger bore GSF manifolds fitted and a lems intake.......slight drone at 75ish on a slight incline when motorway driving......definitely quietening down as time goes by