Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone has a photo or knows the clock spring.According to the dealer the part no is 84306 but on eBay and more places ther are many who list clock spring for LS430 2001 model but with different part numbers.Anyone who knows how the plug on the right one might look like?

Best regards

Edited by Kristjane
Spelling

Hello Kristjane and welcome to the LOC.

Could you provide a little more information about the car, I assume it is left hand drive?

On the identification plate there should be a set of 5 letters like AEGPK.

If you could provide this extra information I can look up the correct part number for you and probably provide a picture.

This may help.

302D3201-85BD-4B3B-9800-99F61A0FC8D4.png

A quick look found this.  Check that the car matches your spec.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/8430650180

This is a good place to find such stuff.
Seems to be available from AMAYAMA.  I bought a simillar thing for my 1995 LS400 from them . Worked well.
Easy to exchange but since it will break if mounted wrong and you need to handle the airbag.
Follow the service manual ! Common sense is not enough for this work. 

I replaced the clock spring on a previous LS430 (although it turned out to be something else) and I would certainly pay much attention to the air bag warnings.  I disconnected my Battery and waited at least 30 mins before doing it.  I bought a used one from Germany so I assume left and right hand drive are the same?

Hi

If you check the link I gave they give details info for both Left and Right hand cars.  
Go in there and check your exact car details . Parts sometimes differ also for which market the car is intended. USA , Europe , Japan etc.
There are other sources where you can go in with your exact VIN number and get the info without knowing much .  Try

https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html

For part number checks there... example.

https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?s=8430650180&mE=on

IF you put in the partnumber above it seems it is intended for  LH and RH  drive but for  2003 onwards only?.  Seems this needs some more checking. 
You can ask the AMAYAMA guys for example if it is the right one for your 2001. 

• 1 month later...

Problem solved.Thank you all for the advice...i took my car for a yearly inspection and the guy the got the horn to work by pressing hard on the logo on the steering wheel.I barely could make it work after that. But after pressing the steering wheel 50 times something popped back or some how and since then the horn works like new. 

Thank you all again for your help.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links