Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, just got myself an IS220D

andy1275

Hi all,

Just got myself a 2007 is220d which i love since converting from Blue Oval, and have lurked around the forum for the past few weeks. Looks like a good forum to be on with helpful advice (sometimes lmao) and a nice friendly feel to it. Here's my ride 😃

1367273191_Screenshot(61).thumb.png.2ff8a4c4b2eb0cbb12d827afc1b1ca49.png

110k miles with a service history, 4 brand new tyres, serviced one month before i got it and everything works perfectly.

Bought it as spare or repair as it was chucking out some smoke from the back, she was driving it short distance to work so guessed it was the DPF. I've given it a good boot to clear out the soot but then discovered a smell of fuel inside the cabin and some smoke from under the bonnet. After an investigation i found a small fuel leak from the pipe that goes to injector #1... Hoping its not going to be too bad a fix or too expensive.

• Like 1

Hi Andy and welcome to the LOC,hoping you find the forum educational and informative,hopefully it won't be too bad or expensive to fix,having said that you probably would have been better off going for a IS250 instead 

Hi Scudney, my R6 is called scud 🙂

I've found it quite helpfull so far, including the list of common problems with the IS220... but with owning an R6 5EB, and previously owning a K-Series Rover, Classic Mini and some other cars I must be a sucker for punishment haha.I can't find much information on my issue though so far.

Touch wood this car is running fine apart from the leak, and if this is what its like before its fixed and the turbo lag is sorted then im impressed as its so smooth. I did opt for the 220D for economy but i've soon reliesed i'm mistaken on that respect 🤣 got an impressive 23.7mpg showing on the display.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, just bought an 07 IS220D myself, absolutely love it. The lag apparently is part of the package but you get used to getting the gear change right. Happy driving 🙂

Steve 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links