Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is220d injector pipe leaking

andy1275

Hi all,

Just bought an IS220D as "Spare or Repair" as it was chucking out white smoke... Common issue im finding out. The owner used it a couple of times to drive the couple of town miles to work and didnt want to drive it after seeing the smoke. After reading on here i concurred with her chap that it was probably the DPF/EGR so had a gamble on it. Its a lovely drive apart from the smoke and the turbo lag lmao.

After a few days i took the car on a nice A road blast to see the inlaws and on the way back, when I stopped of at the drive thru I saw smoke coming in through the air vents and from under the bonnet!!! There was also a smell of fuel which had been persent for the past couple of trips i'd had in it. That's when I saw the fuel leak from the fuel pipe going to injector 1 (red arrow).

cdti.png.67e666df4f66e1084b559da0e3a07449.png

I took the pipe off and gave the ends a clean and inspection and it looked fine (to my eye anyway) so refitted it, now its leaking from underneath the nut (green arrow).

I'm stumped, what have i done to make it stop leaking from the top and now start leaking from the bottom? What would cause this to happen initionally? How would I fix this? Answers on a postcard... Or preferable on here 🙂 TIA

Hi Andrew,

There is probably a member on here that has done it and can provide the answer.

All I can do i'm afraid is give you want the manual says about installing the pipes:

Capture.thumb.JPG.4a7c8d21f27fc0c7f98e4c2e57006d8f.JPG

As you can see, you need a special tool to torque it down properly so I am not sure if there is another way around this.  I would suggest just tightening it further, but it is a high pressure system, so that may not be the best idea.

Perhaps a local garage might be able to help?

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Shahpor, thats a bit of help at least a decent starting point 👍 Greatly appreciated.

Looks like i've followed it apart from the torque setting, may drive it to a garage tomorrow then if I can find one open?! 🙄

If there are any more clued up members available to help in the meantime it would also be appreciated... Cheers

Those fittings are usually tapered with broad mating surfaces, so provided they are clean then the usually nip up and seal nicely. 

Maybe yours has some dirt/grit trapped in there that's preventing a good seal?