Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disappointment......

I've just been out to the car, full of expectation and hope, but returned with a sad face. I thought the clock was going to be at the right time.

• Like 2

I have this every time the clocks are changed. It's set at auto but it never ever does it. Just one of those things. As John says, there are more important things to worry about.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Do not despair Mincy. Einstein proved that time was not absolute my friend.

There are more important things to worry about.

A good point, well made :-)

• Like 1

I have this every time the clocks are changed. It's set at auto but it never ever does it. Just one of those things. As John says, there are more important things to worry about.

The auto setting is for the clock in the sat nav I believe

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

We had the auto clock in a vectra. It was wrong more times than it was right. 

Some things there is just no need for. 

58 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

The auto setting is for the clock in the sat nav I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. There are two settings - "Daylight savings" and "Set time by GPS" (or something like that). The "Set time by GPS" option is on, but it was still an hour behind. I had to use the Daylight Savings option to get it right. 

The only car clock I've ever had which has been right was an old Sony radio cassette player (those were the days!) I had in a Vauxhall Nova. One of the early ones with RDS. The time was always right. That was in 1995....

I had a Rover (SD?) back in 1979 and the only thing which was always wrong was the clock.  Maddening but otherwise a good car.  Unfortunately the one feature of the car I remember is the clock 😕.

1 hour ago, BigChange said:

I had a Rover (SD?) back in 1979 and the only thing which was always wrong was the clock.  Maddening but otherwise a good car.  Unfortunately the one feature of the car I remember is the clock 😕.

Do you not remember the rust Peter, or did you get rid before it arrived?  (LOL)

Sometimes i long back to the days where cars had no clock, without 8 buttons on the steeringwheel, without suspension or throttle settings without sport eco + or ++ without enfuriating satnavs, heated seats that dont really work, auto wipers that always are too fast or slow, 10 speed autoboxes that keep gearhunting , wheels that are so big comfort is not included. And So On.

Just give me a good car without all of this with a setting designed by the engineers and without a 300 page manual. Maybe i am getting too old and should just get a modern classic from the nineties? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, 200h said:

it looks like it has the morris version of the F sport interior colour for you aswell

particularly like the wheels and centre caps :wink3:

the Wolseley 16/60 had both really nice wheel trims AND a real clock too

Malc

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Sometimes i long back to the days where cars had no clock, without 8 buttons on the steeringwheel, without suspension or throttle settings without sport eco + or ++ without enfuriating satnavs, heated seats that dont really work, auto wipers that always are too fast or slow, 10 speed autoboxes that keep gearhunting , wheels that are so big comfort is not included. And So On.

Just give me a good car without all of this with a setting designed by the engineers and without a 300 page manual. Maybe i am getting too old and should just get a modern classic from the nineties? 

What you are looking for is a dacia sandero I believe. Not sure if they are available with wind up front windows or not tho! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 200h said:

hay Bernard i think this is just what you're looking for but its not from the 90's though and

it looks like it has the morris version of the F sport interior colour for you aswell

https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/listing/morris/minor/minor-1000-traveller/1961/178684

great car but a bit too powerfull... 

5 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

A 1995/6 Mercedes W124 fits the bill perfectly Dutchie.

Or a same year Toyota Camry !

Edited by royoftherovers
to add Camry
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links