Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Evening all, my temperature display light has gone out on my 98 ls400 (navigation) I've taken the centre console apart and got to the lightbulb area. Does anyone know the part number for these little green bulbs?

IMG_20200329_171028_863.jpg

13 hours ago, SandyGS said:

Evening all, my temperature display light has gone out on my 98 ls400 (navigation) I've taken the centre console apart and got to the lightbulb area. Does anyone know the part number for these little green bulbs?

13 hours ago, SandyGS said:

Hi Sandy

There is a topic on the US forum on this subject and I have tried to put in a URL Link

Suffice to say I have failed.

Go on USLexus owners club and search 98 LS400 climate control back light and it will come up.

There is no Lexus part number as the complete assembly would be replaced by a dealer.

The bulbs themselves are available but will require soldering to remove and replace. The bulb Type is called T1, these are generally referred  to as “wire ended” so you remove the old bulb and holder, remove the old bulb from the holder, fit the new bulb bending the wires as required then resolder to the board. The green caps as you appear to have already discovered merely push fit over the bulb.

Here is an example supplier but if you tap in T1 bulb into eBay they are also available from sellers on there albeit more expensive but given the current situation more likely to supply quicker.

https://www.nationallampsandcomponents.co.uk/miniature-light-bulbs/bi-pin-and-wire-terminal-filament/wire-terminal-filament-lamp-t1-12v-60ma-7219?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpejV4ubB6AIVCbrtCh3-dAlXEAQYASABEgLd2fD_BwE

• Like 1

Having said all the above check this out, if the bulbs and holders are the same.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/878016-1999-ls400-climate-control-bulb-pn.html

If you can take a picture of the other side of the panel and post it up I can confirm for you.