Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

My first time on here with a fault I would like your help/ opinion on.☺️

I noticed just 30 minutes ago whilst I programmed my seat adjustments that my offside small headlight bulb (yellow coloured one) was not working.

There was no fault on the dash suggesting a blown bulb. My Mercedes usually has an orange light symbol come up when there is a bulb fault.

Is it an easy job to access this bulb? Or should I take it back to the dealer? I am pretty good with electrics and mechanical work.

Cheers,

Good youtube video this,

Not sure there is a warning on the 400h. Never had a bulb blow when I had mine.

But I did put whiter bulbs in and iirc the bulbs are easy enough to get to. Check your handbook. One of the things I find with Lexus generally is that someone has actually thought about maintenance.

11 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Not sure there is a warning on the 400h. Never had a bulb blow when I had mine.

But I did put whiter bulbs in and iirc the bulbs are easy enough to get to. Check your handbook. One of the things I find with Lexus generally is that someone has actually thought about maintenance.

Thanks for replying, Sorted it, was just a loose connection. As soon as I took the Battery cover and connecting cover off, the bulb came on.

I just pushed the connections in tightly. But did notice that the black plastic 'screws' that hold the covers down were missing.

Where could I source them from please.

Regards,

Sukhi.

• Like 1

Well done sorting this out.

For screws, take a look here; https://lexus.7zap.com/en/eu/lexus+rx/524210/mhu38r-awxgkw/4/8101/813211i/

The screws seem to come with other parts/covers but I suspect any small self tapper will suffice, do you have any spare kicking around?

40 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Well done sorting this out.

For screws, take a look here; https://lexus.7zap.com/en/eu/lexus+rx/524210/mhu38r-awxgkw/4/8101/813211i/

The screws seem to come with other parts/covers but I suspect any small self tapper will suffice, do you have any spare kicking around?

Thank for replying, I think I was not clear in my explanation.

I am after the retaining clips for the engine bay black trim, the clips are black and are a push fit that holds the Battery cover and other black trim secure. Please see the trim in question. (Black trim)

s-l1600 (11).jpg