Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

but when I moved house they doubled the premium for the final months of the policy.

I had exactly the same happen with my Saga policy back in 2013 ..  it was just simply DISGUSTING  and tantamount to a simple RIP OFF

Asking them to justify it they said all sorts of stuff about higher risk areas etc etc .....  i asked for the evidence, they told me to just " bog off " effectively, they had zero obligation to do so

Well, I had no choice but to pay up .......  moved from them for many many years thereafter BUT now, back with Saga, the best prices at the moment for me .....  and for the past few years too

They simply lied to me back in 2013 and took the p - - iss,   coz they could and they knew it

DISGRACEFUL then back in 2013

Malc

Blimey Malc, don’t know too many people who would return after treatment like that. I doubt I would , but I guess it shows how flexible and competitive the system is. 
I think the frustrating part of this is that you are powerless and do not get any answers, they just push you away, but.... I think there is going to be an upheaval following this awful convid 19 virus and let’s just hope they change behaviour. Certainly from my experience and others on here LV changed their method of operating, so far,  for the better.

29 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Blimey Malc, don’t know too many people who would return after treatment like that. I doubt I would , but I guess it shows how flexible and competitive the system is. 
I think the frustrating part of this is that you are powerless and do not get any answers, they just push you away, but.... I think there is going to be an upheaval following this awful convid 19 virus and let’s just hope they change behaviour. Certainly from my experience and others on here LV changed their method of operating, so far,  for the better.

I`m with you 100% on this Roger.

It`s about time we heard from Linas on what is one of his pet subjects !

Got half a dozen or more quotes better than what has been offered to me as a renewal.  Then I thought, I'd delve a bit further into the seemingly behind all quotes, BISL Ltd.  Didn't like what I read.  Also don't wish to pay giving them authorisation to "automatically renew" which seemed to be the case in each quote.   New search me thinks.

https://www.fairerfinance.com/insights/blog/whose-customer-are-you-anyway

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Value for money should not be overlooked.

including the especially important after knock quality of service which from some of these insurers is just totally WOEFUL 

Malc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

A lot of people on this Forum seem to think that cheapest is the way to go.

It often isn`t. Value for money should not be overlooked.

I agree, but in my case I always ask for the same cover so am comparing like for like, so cheaper for the same cover.
I am all for brand loyalty, but if they want my loyalty, they have to earn it.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 5:12 PM, Howplum said:

I've just insured my 1996 LS400 through Adrian Flux with an insurer called Markerstudy. The premium was £196.60 for comprehensive cover and an annual mileage of 3,000. It is a net rated policy, which means there is no No claim Discount to worry about. The policy is based on market value, but for an extra £15 I can get Agreed Value cover.

Surprised Adrian Flux has not chipped in to this thread?  Those BRIS Comp. quotes hovered around the £200-£250 range including breakdown cover. Would be happy with paying a bit more but not current renewal quote which is more than  £100 above last year by Saga. 

Will try AF online and see, rather than go via the money saving websites

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Surprised Adrian Flux has not chipped in

hahahahaha, joke of the decade to my mind

when they tried to woo me back after the disastrous experience with them and their Trinity Insce and Hadleigh Claims people they said they could compete on price ...........  then I asked why, in their new competitive price for fully comprehensive insurance they omitted to cover me for glass / windscreen cover ...... ah !!! ....  blessed reading all that small print eh :yes:

never did get a reply to my query ............  then I continued with Saga who recently have been quite exemplary ............... in the very best possible way

Malc

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links