Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well I don't know how you are. Hopefully well.

My family has been down with some bug but we've no idea if it was the Covid or another - symptoms can be so similar to other viruses...whatever it was it was not nice.

I'm just about still working although I reckon I've a month maybe weeks from being furloughed and given I've been royally screwed most of my working life...I remain unimpressed. 🤣

I'm coming up for my MOT which I should get. My Mk4 LS400 had a near miss last year with idle CO2 not in range - a new air filter and cat clean bottle and a thrash around fixed that. If that comes back up I'll need a new O2 - I think the front passenger side one usually causes trouble? 

This year they may find the clonking upper arms which at 93k miles need replacement...I'd rather not order anything at the moment unless I really have to.

What I do have in the parts bin (the boot) is oil, air, oil filter, plug gasket.

I'll look to do this work at the weekend when the weather will pick up.

Another task I can do is fit the washer float I bought from a far distant country some time ago.  

It'll get me out of the house and a change of scenery...I've also started running again but boy is that painful... 😵

4 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

upper arms which at 93k miles need replacement

my first UCA was about 173k ? miles ......  yours should have plenty of life left !

Malc

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

'm coming up for my MOT which I should get. My Mk4 LS400 had a near miss last year with idle CO2 not in range - a new air filter and cat clean bottle and a thrash around fixed that. If that comes back up I'll need a new O2 - I think the front passenger side one usually causes trouble

Simon try running through a couple of tank fulls of BP Ultimate, or Shell V Power before your MOT, my friend had same problem as you  3 years ago and did the above and it has passed 3 times since no problem.

• Like 1

Hey Malc and Roger

It is true that the MOT might not pick up the upper arm fault but as the MOT says it is minimum requirement...you know me I want it very good.

The fuel suggestion makes a lot of sense and I will do this. I run it on Tesco stuff with their Premium once in a while. But there’s plenty of experience that really rates the Premium fuels.

40 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Are you forgetting something Roger? 

Oh I can’t go out...I’ve been very good and haven’t driven for a month...wife has...for the food run...

If your MOT date is after the 30 March, then you have a 6 month extension on it.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

However, you are still expected to keep the vehicle safe for use on the roads but that is always the case.
If you knowingly drive an unsafe vehicle you are liable for prosecution and your insurance company will refuse to payout if you have an accident.

• Like 3