Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SORN my 2011 Lexus IS 250 Advance until life gets back to normal

I have to say that since the lock down, I have been doing new things such as posting here for the first time.

I have been a club Gold member since 2015 with not a single post but I follow the forum time to time especially the F forum.

I SORN my Lexus IS 250 today as I don't see the benefit of running 2 cars in the household with the current lock down. New 12 months road tax of £315 is due from 1st of April and insurance renewal is due 16th April. To save on household expenses during this unprecedented time, we have decided to run on our £0 tax 2011 Lexus CT 200h until things get back to normal.

I am sad to SORN the IS 250 but my intention is to upgrade to a ISF 5.0 with same colour. There are 2 silver ISF on autotrader at the moment but will have to wait until life gets back to normal.

• Like 1

Welcome Segun.

It does seem silly to tax a car that is just going to sit there.  Are you going to renew the insurance?  Even though I park mine on my drive, I would still be weary of not insuring it in case something happened.

Good choice on the ISF by the way, and I not jealous at all, certainly not...:smile:

• Thanks 1

Agree with your thoughts here given the unprecedented times we are living through.  We are advertising our IS 200 F Sport, also Sorned, as we now have a new EV SUV,  Better to control the costs than keep it on the road, We will be sad to see the IS go but needs must and hope that all our lives return to safety and normality soon.  Go safe all.

• Thanks 1

What I don’t understand is why companies are still advertising but are closed, for example BMW are running a TV ad promotion at the moment, a nice 30 second ad costing thousands but all their showrooms are closed. OK some products are still available by mail order but surely not a brand new car when you are spending mortgage money on one.

TV programmes & indeed Ad's are scheduled weeks if not months in advance and slots/contracts are allocated on a long term basis.

@Shahpor Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a carport but I am hoping to clear out my garage in time so that I can store the car in there.

I am still debating about the insurance as the car will be kept in a locked up garage! By the way great choice of colour for your GS450h 👍

@999101999 Wishing you all the luck with the sale of your IS200. I have mine advertised for sale as well with no luck but I am not in any rush to sell.

To everyone else please stay safe and we will all pull through this challenging times.

• Like 1

Good luck with the search for an ISF.  We swapped our 2011 IS250 SE-L last year for a GSF and haven’t looked back. You won’t be disappointed. 
I was however very disappointed with the part exchange value I was given by the Lexus dealer for the IS. After Initially accepting it just to get the deal done (I had been waiting for the GSF to arrive at the dealer for 2 weeks and we were about to board a plane to Spain) I advertised the IS on AT and it sold within 2 hours of us landing back in the UK for £2500 more. 

• Like 4

Olusegun Kolade

Thanks for your good wishes re selling our IS200D F Sport, its advertised on this platform. I have sold the car once on eBay and again but then the buyer could not travel from Birmingham due to lock down.  Its a bit inconvenient and we are waiting for the next opportunity !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olusegun Kolade said:

@Shahpor Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a carport but I am hoping to clear out my garage in time so that I can store the car in there.

I am still debating about the insurance as the car will be kept in a locked up garage! By the way great choice of colour for your GS450h 👍

@999101999 Wishing you all the luck with the sale of your IS200. I have mine advertised for sale as well with no luck but I am not in any rush to sell.

To everyone else please stay safe and we will all pull through this challenging times.

Hi and welcome.

If you need any help with laid up insurance whilst your vehicle is SORN then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

4 hours ago, Olusegun Kolade said:

In case you haven't seen, a few more photos here:

Although I admit that I didn't go for any specific colours  in mind as Premier models are so rare.  Luckily the one I found was a colour that I quite liked :smile:

• Like 1

Hi I can sympathise with the SORN decision during these trying times ,I also have 2 cars both convertible standing idle ,I have decided to SORN my Mazda MX 5 and keep the Lexus ' ready' for use .I can fully service the Mazda while laid up and then maybe swap over and try and find some jobs on the Lexus . Take care out there

Dave

I've also Sorn'd the IS250 and have thought about Laid up cover but not sure if I will just yet.

I actually re-taxed the IS in March and then didn't use it at all. Mind you my mileage has been minimal since I changed jobs last year and I sent from doing a 22K a year commute to working from home so the full tank of petrol I put in on 29th December is still only half empty!

Insurance companies will be making huge savings while most cars are off the road and even commercial mileages will be vastly reduced.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links