Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12v Battery Dead

• 2 years later...

I have a Lexus 2022 NX 450 plug in. Every 2 days if we don't drive the 12volt system is completely drained and has to be recharged. we had it in last week and the Battery was recharged. So this morning it was complete dead again. Any one know why this keeps happening. they indicated at service that at may have not been fuel charged when it came from the port, however it was when it was at dealer. This frustrating.

Your profile shows as not in the UK, whereabouts are you?

Clearly something is draining the 12v when the vehicle is locked/not used.

This is a plug-in, so do you leave it plugged in when not used for 2 days?

The 12v will be recharged every time the car is used/in the Ready state/left plugged in.

As the car is new and under warranty leave it to the dealership to sort out. Request a courtesy car whilst they test it.

2 hours ago, oboneill51 said:

I have a Lexus 2022 NX 450 plug in. Every 2 days if we don't drive the 12volt system is completely drained and has to be recharged. we had it in last week and the battery was recharged. So this morning it was complete dead again. Any one know why this keeps happening. they indicated at service that at may have not been fuel charged when it came from the port, however it was when it was at dealer. This frustrating.

It would be helpful if we were told a little more about how long you have had the car and whether you bought it from a franchised dealer and what warranty you were given.  Who are "they" that did the service you refer to.  The foregoing could suggest your way forward.  The Battery is certainly the prime suspect and the fact that it has repeatedly been allowed to go flat has hastened its demise in any event.  A parasitic draw on the system may have LED to this situation.  You really need a new Battery which should be monitored and could well end you problem.  Who would pay for this depends on what I said in my first two sentences.  If a new Battery does not solve your problem, there could be a wiring fault or parasitic discharge that would need to be investigated and sorted, otherwise the new Battery will have a short life. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, alpine said:

Yes, I have my MX5 connectors permanently connected in the boot, with an additional home made low voltage extension cable  on the charger output so I can run the charger module in the house. I use twin core orange mains cable with a miniconnector pair laid along the back of the boot floor. That's because the CTek extension cables you can buy aren't long enough for my needs. The connector pair is waterproof and the cable exits happily through the bottom of the boot opening. It's actually the same MX5 that I used to use on the IS300H, with the same connector arrangement.

Ignore the stuff about removing the earth lead which is aimed at countries with dubious supplies. Just disconnect before you power the car on!

And don't , like I did once, drive off with the cable attached... This does not do the cable any good...

15881647124340.jpg

15881657919713.jpg

May I ask, how do you connect the Battery cable to the Battery? Negative cable to the negative terminal or to a ground post?

thanks

I have the CTEK charger. It works fine. You can leave it plugged in and connected for days or weeks or just charge up when necessary - in garage not used in winter for example. There are many adaptors for all vehicles. It is "intelligent" and charges safely and at the correct rate for different scenarios.  Recommended.

It takes about 6 hours to get my 5 yr old Battery back to full charge ( green light stage 7 ) after the car has been stood in the garage for three or four weeks.

No I don't work for them.😁

12V/5A CTEK MXS 5.0 ADVANCED CHARGING WITH TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION The MXS 5.0 is an advanced microprocessor controlled Battery charger with automatic temperature compensation built in providing unrivalled performance on lead-acid batteries from 1.2Ah up to 110Ah. The MXS 5.0 solves a broad range of Battery problems and is the ideal charger for the user with high demands.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links