Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Savagegeese Review ES300h

Farqui

3 hours ago, Carl-88 said:

Nice review to tell to everybody that a car which is not fast like a Porsche can be a good car too !

it is with most Lexus products, if you recognize it you will see it. 

• 1 month later...

Yes. The same guy test drove a ES350 and said that was the best ES. Pity the ES 350 is only made LHD. The e300h has much better economy. The IS350 is a great car with power but not very large that's why I went for the ES300H. 

Lovely car but was disappointed with some of the interior trim quality. Was thinking of getting one to replace my GS but have decided not to. The es felt like an upgraded is whereas the GS feels like a downgraded Ls! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 11:38 PM, Ala Larj said:

Lovely car but was disappointed with some of the interior trim quality. Was thinking of getting one to replace my GS but have decided not to. The es felt like an upgraded is whereas the GS feels like a downgraded Ls! 

^^ Interesting comment, I felt the same today after having one as a courtesy car.

I had an ES Takumi to use, and did about 40 miles in total. It is a very nice thing - quiet and comfortable - I'd describe it as civilised, much like every Lexus product I've driven.

However, a couple of things let it down for me, especially compared to the GS, and the interior trim is one of them. Most of it is great, so why cut costs on a few areas that make a big difference to the perception of quality? I found the door mirrors to be rather small too and the ride a little unsettled...but overall, it is far nicer than the ubiquitous BMW/Mercedes/Audi alternatives IMHO.