Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

With the current lock down situation, I knew that the Battery on my lexus was getting to the end of it's life as it wouldn't start after just 2 weeks. It took a while to recharge as it had gone flat enough to require the 6 minute reset. Once started I checked voltages and all seemed fine, but a day later it read 12 volts, then 11.8 the next day, so I searched eBay for a new one. I decided I would have to replace with the same as fitted - a Bosch S4026 as this fitted exactly the Battery tray and the plastic cover that fits over the Battery. If I had gone for a more powerful Battery (95 amp), this would not have fitted, despite being listed as fitting my car. I paid just under £80 for the Battery and it arrived today in less than 24 hours, so a great service. Hopefully it will last 6 years like the previous one, but batteries seem very fickle these days as my son's winter hack (Yaris T sport) goes through them every 2 years, and they are meant to be of good quality (yuasa). 

Pete

Actually John , not necessarily applying to this Yaris, but in the small print on Battery guarantees is they are only covered for faulty manufacture. Allowing them to run down and therefore the plates sulphating, is not faulty manufacture, and LED me to buy a CTek charger and use it all the time. Having said that, I did get 3 years out of last Battery, which I thought poor until I realised it was constantly running down and therefore shortening its life. Still 2 years is not great, Cheers, Roger

• Like 1

Batteries use to last for ages. My old Mercedes had a real top up Battery that lasted for nearly 10 years. I wish they still did them, as for those of us that know how to top up, and charge an old battery found they lasted far longer than gel ones. Given this lockdown I charged my LS430 for 48 hours on my AA 1 amp trickle charger. They do go down on this cars. I think it will be a 7-8 day regular ob, given the lockdown.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links