Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Last weekend my alarm went off on a crazy hot day. I thought the Battery was low, so took it for a drive. all good. Then today - hot sun again, the alarm went off again. I've read up on this (loads!) and the general consensus is to keep all metal objects OUT of the central console. I've been searching on how to disable the alarm altogether (I don't need it as the car is garaged at night and only travels between home and my locked office car park) but can't find anything.

1) am I worrying about nothing and have to trust the keep the console clear trick

2) can someone tell me - as an owner of the car and not a thief - how to turn off the bl**dy alarm?

Silly question but have you tried changing the Battery in the remote fob,had my alarm randomly going off once when I owned a IS200 sport and it turned out to be a low fob battery 

47 minutes ago, scudney said:

Silly question but have you tried changing the battery in the remote fob,had my alarm randomly going off once when I owned a IS200 sport and it turned out to be a low fob battery 

I'll definitely try this! just opened up the key to find 1) the 4 screws that should have been holding down the Battery cover have gone 2) I don't have a spare c1632 Battery. d'oh

The alarm system appears to consist of 4 components.

1 The bonnet switch

2 The Theft Warning Radar Module

3 The warning siren.

4 The boot switch.

I would be checking both the bonnet and boot switches, the bonnet switch in particular is obviously subjected to rain and road debris with the boot switch subject to foreign objects which may have dropped in there.

Also I’m not entirely sure but can you not adjust the sensitivity of the radar sensor or turn it off completely? This process should be in the Owner’s Manual if possible.

This is the basic system layout.

822A9B2D-CD7C-4E19-82FB-6CA2AB3730DC.png

• Like 1

ok, this might not be of any use with a Ls460  BUT on my Mk3 I had this ridiculously annoying issue, just like you, for years and years and years, removing all metal objects etc, fiddling with the main alarm stuff etc etc

Informed knowledge on here told me ( my indy ) to just open up the console area itself in front of the console cubby area / drink holders BUT take great care you don't want to split anything that's fragile .............. and lo and behold, beneath there is a mechanism to just wind the volume down to zero AND it works too

Might yours be similar ?

Malc

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

The alarm system appears to consist of 4 components.

1 The bonnet switch

2 The Theft Warning Radar Module

3 The warning siren.

4 The boot switch.

I would be checking both the bonnet and boot switches, the bonnet switch in particular is obviously subjected to rain and road debris with the boot switch subject to foreign objects which may have dropped in there.

Also I’m not entirely sure but can you not adjust the sensitivity of the radar sensor or turn it off completely? This process should be in the Owner’s Manual if possible.

This is the basic system layout.

822A9B2D-CD7C-4E19-82FB-6CA2AB3730DC.png

perfect! thanks, I had a slight bump on the front so there might be something in the front sensor...

38 minutes ago, Malc said:

ok, this might not be of any use with a Ls460  BUT on my Mk3 I had this ridiculously annoying issue, just like you, for years and years and years, removing all metal objects etc, fiddling with the main alarm stuff etc etc

Informed knowledge on here told me ( my indy ) to just open up the console area itself in front of the console cubby area / drink holders BUT take great care you don't want to split anything that's fragile .............. and lo and behold, beneath there is a mechanism to just wind the volume down to zero AND it works too

Might yours be similar ?

Malc

The danger with all the lockdown at the mo is that the minute someone mentions taking things apart I'm reaching for the trim removal kit 😄

UPDATE:

So I went down to Halfords (only care place thats open) and got them to fit a new Battery. The guy did say your old Battery was rated 780 and was reading 690 but was still a good Battery? I still got the new one fitted. Things I've noticed - I now have these fancy pictures behind my ash info? they weren't there before! and I can adjust the positioning of my rear camera (by going into the service menu) - that wasn't there before! 

What magic is this??

I also bought a trickle charger / Battery maintenance gadget to keep the thing topped up.

IMG_6805.thumb.jpeg.80e7ca2923c856bf94398f724ca8953d.jpeg

The probable reason you had not seen the logo's prior to this time is the Battery had not been up to capacity from you owning the car and the Ecu had set  conserve mode cutting back on supplied power use.

Putting in a brand new Battery with total power requirements  for all services as reset the ECU,there may be a switch sequence also that disables this logo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links