Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Polish to use on your paintwork?

Best Polish to use on your paintwork?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. As we are in lockdown and trying to find things to occupy our time, polishing the car seems quite popular with the majority of us. So, what do you think is the best Polish to use on your paintwork?

• Meguiars
    • Turtle Wax
    • Autoglym
    • MER
    • Simoniz
    • Gtechniq
    • Auto Finesse
    • Chemical Guys
    • Other

Do you mean polish or protection? Ie remove scratches or coat? Also how bad is the paint?

Ask 10 people and you'll get 11 opinions though [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

As we are in lockdown and trying to find things to occupy our time, polishing the car seems quite popular with the majority of us.

So, what do you think is the best Polish to use on your paintwork?

That's a very open ended question. Depends on how its applied and what your trying to achieve. As mentioned what protection are you going to use after? Will you clay the car prior?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I didn't realise this was a poll. They don't show up on Tapatalk, thought it was a request for advice [emoji85]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Voted Autoglym even though there are probably "better" polishes out there. I've used loads of different types over the years but AG is reasonably priced, available pretty much everywhere and is what I've been using for the last few years since time became a rather more valuable commodity ie since having kids.

That said, my GS has never been cleaner right now. I now seem to have an abundance of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, Onslow said:

Wash, dry, clay bar, wash, dry, Meguiars. Not a serial cleaner really 😁

Dont scrub up to bad for a 13 year old tub!

20200408_132833.jpg

Polished n waxed on Sunday 12yo (didnt do the wheels/tires)

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-08 at 18.34.36.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Today's task - washed, polished with Poorboys Black hole and then waxed using Nattys Black Paste wax. alloys polished using Autoglym Alloy Wheel cleaner and tyres with Autoglym tyre gel. Pleased with all of these products and the final result. Typically its just started to rain! ☹️💦🌧️

IMG_20200708_135529.jpg

• Like 1

I've been very pleased with using Sonax polish and Fusso wax. Looks a treat and water beads beautifully. Been using it for about 3-4 years now.

From time to time I use my DA polisher with Lake County pads (Black, White and Orange types).Gets those nasty whip lines out from over grown hedgerows .... we have a lot of those in Dorset right now!!

Use the same on wife's (silver met) MX5 too. Works well on that too.