Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking good for the 22 years

52 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

Thanks Phil, so it’s Silver Jade Pearl according to a google search. I thought it was maybe that colour but couldn’t be sure from the pictures. It seems like it was a popular colour compared to others and based on the cars I looked at last year. I haven’t seen many silver Mk4’s or Mk3’s for that matter. I didn’t really want the colour I have, Ebony Teal Pearl, simply because it’s a dark colour and I prefer lighter colours which don’t show scratches etc as much. It wasn’t that I didn’t like the colour itself, when it’s all washed and polished it looks stunning with the gold badges etc but it doesn’t stay that way for long though especially in winter. I use it everyday to go to work with a 50 mile round trip so after a day it looks dirty again. But it’s the quality of the car itself that’s the most important bit. I’ll keep looking for a Gold/Silver car, preferably a MKIV, but I think I’ve more chance of a getting a Gold one to be honest. I’m not in a hurry so can wait but if I do find one then I’ll have to decide ha to do with mine🤔

Hi Paul - its also known as Fjord Mist - don't ask me how they pronounce it - I like the colour

and my " silver " Mk3 is actually Aspen Green and that does hold its colour well after 25 years and zero respraying and much road dirt and grubbiness sadly

I have bubbling at one rear wheel arch and so afraid to getatit coz I know I prefer real colour small bubbles to a clear sound finish that's not quite the right colour ....  one day maybe I'll get to deal with it ............  when I've got the time eh ! :yes:

Malc

Some of the colours are different in the flesh than what you expect from the description so maybe an Aspen Green car will be ‘silver’ enough for me!

On the subject of Gold MKIV’s, there is one that has been for sale for quite a while which has had a partial re-spray to doors, wings and lower bumpers plus LPG, a lot of suspension work and electronic stuff added. I keep looking at the advert and wondering if I should look at it.........maybe when the current situation changes I will. Looking back at my very first post on here about a MKIV in Gold for sale in Edinburgh last year for 9k and asking ‘is it worth 9k’, knowing what I know now it was probably worth it and definitely worth the 6k it went for (if it indeed went for 6k) That was the car that really fired my interest in an LS400.

14 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

there is one that has been for sale for quite a while which has had a partial re-spray to doors, wings and lower bumpers plus LPG, a lot of suspension work and electronic stuff added. I keep looking at the advert

if that's the one at £4900 on autotrader then that appeared from a new member on here some while back and was offered then by him ......  his post is somewhere for you to find maybe

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

if that's the one at £4900 on autotrader then that appeared from a new member on here some while back and was offered then by him ......  his post is somewhere for you to find maybe

Malc

Hi Malc, yes it is. I'll have a look at the post.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links