Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking good for the 22 years

Took the LS out doors for a spring clean  do not use any kind of paint rejuvenation just Holts triplewax wash and rinse .

Gave the inner mudguards a swill but I am fortunate that a breeze blows through the garage all the time and it is very dry so no moisture accumulates when the car is stood. 

_4077243.JPG

_4077251.JPG

_4077247.JPG

• Like 5

I tried messing around with the photo of my Car but made such a mess of trying to cover the plate that I didn't bother in the end.

No one has asked what the number is about. 

However, when the Car broke down and was trailered part way into Medway Service centre, a Gent passing by shouted that the Plate was worth more than the Car!  There are I believe over sixty possible users of the three inititals. Its an Isle of wight registration, so I'm told. Beyond that there's nothing more to tell. 

Anyone selling or hoping to sell their Car who covers the plate is immediately indicating they don't want you looking at the MOT history. Well they do, to me. 

• Like 1

Let it lie, Alan.

We don't on this forum as a rule bait each other!  Could this be something I've noticed about your Postings, not that you are baiting me?

Moderator remove if you think I am Out of Order with this comment.

BTW Mods why when I write are my words underlined in red?  Is it your settings or my computer??

3 hours ago, Greer said:

Yes of course, out of interest why would that be a psychological problem/trauma to you? is someone stalking you?

no, but in the future if somebody was to, then they'd have this info straight away. if you cannot see the risks and why people choose not to take them, that's your problem.

Stuart underline red words is spell checker, do they go away when you spell the word correctly (or finish typing it)>

17 hours ago, fred81 said:

no, but in the future if somebody was to, then they'd have this info straight away. if you cannot see the risks and why people choose not to take them, that's your problem.

Stuart underline red words is spell checker, do they go away when you spell the word correctly (or finish typing it)>

Thats the thing - they appear when the word is spelt correctly. Every word here is underlined with a fuzzy line not a straight line! Strange.

I think some bad guys just clone stolen cars to make them look genuine ................ and the number plate is useful for that 

I remember many years ago i saw one of my then garage ( Brookland Kent )  stock cars being driven past my mum's house in Herne Bay when it shouldn't have been

Phoned my business partner at the garage to ask what the f--- was going on and he told me that OUR car was safely in the line-up of cars for sale !

some one had cloned our genuine car .......... so we quickly got rid of it at the auction to save any future troubles with that car

Malc

It does look great, can you tell me what the colour is please? I’ve decided to look for a gold or silver MK3 or Mk4 as I prefer those colours and yours looks silver on the photos.

2 hours ago, Razor61 said:

It does look great, can you tell me what the colour is please? I’ve decided to look for a gold or silver MK3 or Mk4 as I prefer those colours and yours looks silver on the photos.

Hi Paul

only downside of gold is it fades and most of the 400s would suffer from this.

Silver on the other hand looks great, easy to keep clean and is a colour which does not age

1 hour ago, ambermarine said:

Hi Paul

Its green coded as 6P7 goes under different names worldwide, did not care for it when I bought the car as my previous Mark 1 was maroon but it as grown on me.

Thanks Phil, so it’s Silver Jade Pearl according to a google search. I thought it was maybe that colour but couldn’t be sure from the pictures. It seems like it was a popular colour compared to others and based on the cars I looked at last year. I haven’t seen many silver Mk4’s or Mk3’s for that matter. I didn’t really want the colour I have, Ebony Teal Pearl, simply because it’s a dark colour and I prefer lighter colours which don’t show scratches etc as much. It wasn’t that I didn’t like the colour itself, when it’s all washed and polished it looks stunning with the gold badges etc but it doesn’t stay that way for long though especially in winter. I use it everyday to go to work with a 50 mile round trip so after a day it looks dirty again. But it’s the quality of the car itself that’s the most important bit. I’ll keep looking for a Gold/Silver car, preferably a MKIV, but I think I’ve more chance of a getting a Gold one to be honest. I’m not in a hurry so can wait but if I do find one then I’ll have to decide ha to do with mine🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

nly downside of gold is it fades and most of the 400s would suffer from this.

Good point, I prefer silver but the Mrs does not like Gold at all...........I can’t repeat her exact words about the LS400 in Gold though🤪