Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

FredFlintstone

Hello Everyone ! 

I'm new to the site , looking forward to getting to know you all .  😋

My first question is regarding my 2004 SC430 .

I've had it almost four years and it's fully lived up to (& surpassed ) all expectations .

My question is with regard to the electric aerial - ever since I have had the car, the aerial 

only comes up when the RADIO is switched ON . I NEVER use the radio , preferring either

my own choice of CD or no sound whatsoever .  In the last few weeks, however, I have 

noticed that the aerial has started to come up when I am listening to CD's . This is a concern

because I have noticed 'ORRIBLES ( those nasty little things that swerve out in the road

on their bikes directly in front of you pulling wheelies  / slowing down ) snapping off

protruding car aerials and then disappearing down side roads  .....

As I say, the aerial thing has never been a concern before because , basically , it was 

NEVER up , so my question is : is there something I can do to suppress the aerial action ?

(short cut ?) ; have I inadvertently hit the wrong button / a sequence of buttons ? Removal of fuse 

will stop the ML system from working and cut out interior lights , so that isn'n really an option .

And I think fitting a n army surrplus machine gun / flame thrower to the bonnet might be deemed to be a tad anti-

social ? Someone, somewhere along the line has managed to set up the car so the aerial ONLY works

when the radio is on - I am just trying to get back to that stage . 

Wow ......

My daughter says to me " Dad, you've only been talking for a minute and I'm bored already ! "    😵

As you can see , I have developed a very bad habit of saying 5 hundred words where I could just as easily

say just 5 .   Should have been a preacher / politician ....

Any help would be very greatly appreciated as I am having premonitions of getting out of the car to find a

snapped off aerial !  .....

Regards 

Andy / Fred Flintstone 

Yabber Dabber Doo ..... 

Hi Andy.

You sure the aerial never came up before? Or maybe you never noticed? The aerial on my '02 GS comes up regardless of whether it's radio, CD or cassette. 

Andy,

As Richard said his comes up when something is on. Is this so you can have traffic announcements perhaps?

Why not disconnect the feed to the aerial in the boot?

John

I am sure you can have the stereo on without the aerial coming out,had it on my Mazda zedos 6,I think you press the rf or ta button(or some button) and the aerial stays down

Thank you Rich1068 , Old Trout & Scud for your feedback . @Rich1068 , the aerial def stayed down ( at the risk of sounding super-anal, I never really liked the sight of the aerial up , spoiled the lines of the car - personal pref) so this suited me . @ Old Trout , yes I toyed with the idea of disconnecting the white power plug but I am very hamfisted , if something is remotely breakable , I find a way to break it . I was just very wary about upsetting roof clearance sensors / mechanicals which all said and done is the essence of the car . And @Scudney , that TA button suggestion is starting to ring bells in the dark recesses of this old fools mind ..... So thank you one and all for your input . Plenty of possibles to toy with . As Mr Jagger once said / sang "Time Is On My Side " - now more than usual ! 

Stay Well chaps ! 

Yabbers , Andy/FF

5 hours ago, scudney said:

I am sure you can have the stereo on without the aerial coming out,had it on my Mazda zedos 6,I think you press the rf or ta button(or some button) and the aerial stays down

Interesting. I might have to have a play. I'm certain I don't have TA enabled because it's quite possibly the most annoying thing ever invented by mankind. But I'd love to disable the aerial for CD etc. Like the OP I don't often (never) listen to the radio and I'm certain that the reason I recently had to replace the original mast is the constant up and down compared to when Ron had it.

Further investigation required.

I'm certain I don't have TA enabled because it's quite possibly the most annoying thing ever invented by mankind.

...... second to religion [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk