Is there any RX450 owners who carry a full size spare wheel in the boot instead of the space saver - does it fit properly under the boot cover?

I only have the space saver so can't say for sure, but I would be very surprised if a full-sized wheel could be kept in there.

Mind you, this space saver is the first spare wheel of any sort that I've had in the last 15 years. Up to getting this hybrid, all my cars over the last 15 years were converted to LPG and the gas tank was located in the spare wheel well instead of the spare. I just carried around a can of Holts Tyreweld and a little 12V compressor for small punctures, anything bigger would be dealt with by my breakdown cover.

My understanding is that a full size spare wheel was an option on at least some cars but few had it.  It requires a lifted cover which reduces the available boot space.  Apparently it's so rare that even some dealers don't know of this option.  I did make a note of a reference of one colour but obviously anybody wanting to do this would want to colour match existing.  If this is being actively pursued I will try to find the reference I recorded somewhere which could involved some delving.

The ref for the raised cover in black was reported as 58427 - 43020 and I pass this on in good faith, not having personally checked this out with Lexus.

• Like 1