Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS-F or IS-F? What to go for considering the price?

On 5/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, hockeyedwards said:

My GSF PCP % is 3.7, I put 0 deposit in, other than my old CT (on a PCP at the time), which they said had £1k equity in it. I'd say for the car, that % is very reasonable! However, we are talking 2 years ago, so I realise times change 🙂

Oh wow! What a fantastic deal you got! Was it through the dealer or third party? Whichever the case, would you mind sharing their name?

Thank you in advance! 

I got it from Hedge End Lexus about 2 years ago 🙂 at the time they were the only ones with the colour interior and exterior I wanted, I will admit that, I haggled with them for about 3 months and they eventually gave in 😛

I see Lexus used car finance is currently 3.9%, new is 1.9%. To be fair Lexus are usually very competitive when it comes for finance and will often throw in a finance 'Incentive ' even on used that you may not ordinarily get if paying cash. Just having a quick look on Moneysaving expert Lexus finance rates are quite decent compared to many of the available loans out there if paying over £25k ....not so much if under where you might do better with a personal loan ..be careful though they advertise the rate then adjust it to your personal circumstances and quite often thats 'up'  

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, thank you all for the info and advice! 

I went ahead with the purchase on PCP - the current deal is indeed 3.9% which is great in comparison to the rest of the car market. 

First impressions - GS F is an absolute joy to drive, what a fantastic piece of engineering! The only downside is that mine does not come with ML sound although the stock Pioneer system is OK. I did some more research and the price of around mid to late 30K mark has been there for the past 2 odd years so it seems to keep the value pretty well. Given there aren't many about I think it will retain its value for another couple of years or even longer if the mileage is low and it has been well looked after. 

I hope I have not been ripped off by the dealer and signed up to a very overpriced deal 🙂 

I haven't seen any GSF's hit the internet for sale and I've been refreshing bi-daily at a minimum 😅

Which dealer did you get it from ? What colour was you lucky enough to bag & finally if you don't mind sharing how much did you manage to snag it at and with the PCP what's the monthly actually work out as. I have 9 points about to drop off my licence hopefully and I plan to to spring for a GSF. 😅.

Regards

Sam

36 minutes ago, Erkeen RK said:

Guys, thank you all for the info and advice! 

I went ahead with the purchase on PCP - the current deal is indeed 3.9% which is great in comparison to the rest of the car market. 

First impressions - GS F is an absolute joy to drive, what a fantastic piece of engineering! The only downside is that mine does not come with ML sound although the stock Pioneer system is OK. I did some more research and the price of around mid to late 30K mark has been there for the past 2 odd years so it seems to keep the value pretty well. Given there aren't many about I think it will retain its value for another couple of years or even longer if the mileage is low and it has been well looked after. 

I hope I have not been ripped off by the dealer and signed up to a very overpriced deal 🙂 

Are you sure about the sound system? I thought they all had a Mark Levinson system with an added option speaker system

3 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Are you sure about the sound system? I thought they all had a Mark Levinson system with an added option speaker system

No, there are a minority that didn’t have this option ticked. I originally wanted a White GSF with a black interior. The only one I every saw in the 2 years I spent looking, came without the ML system. 

22 minutes ago, F.A. said:

No, there are a minority that didn’t have this option ticked. I originally wanted a White GSF with a black interior. The only one I every saw in the 2 years I spent looking, came without the ML system. 

Didn't know that. Mine states W/O Mark Levinson on the spec sheet but has the centre console Mark Levinson amp and the rear parcel shelf speaker has Mark Levinson on it. I'm a bit confused about that, does it mean it's without or with optional.

Just now, B1RMA said:

Didn't know that. Mine states W/O Mark Levinson on the spec sheet but has the centre console Mark Levinson amp and the rear parcel shelf speaker has Mark Levinson on it. I'm a bit confused about that, does it mean it's without or with optional.

If your dash  and rear speaker/ sub has a Mark Levinson badge, then you have the Mark Levinson upgraded system, which was around £995. Im guessing it is more likely the spec sheet is wrong than the car being incorrectly badged. The ML system is the best / only system upgrade available on these cars, unlike the German manufactures who seem to offer 2 different upgraded brands on some models. 

1 minute ago, F.A. said:

If your dash  and rear speaker/ sub has a Mark Levinson badge, then you have the Mark Levinson upgraded system, which was around £995. Im guessing it is more likely the spec sheet is wrong than the car being incorrectly badged. The ML system is the best / only system upgrade available on these cars, unlike the German manufactures who seem to offer 2 different upgraded brands on some models. 

Thanks, I did have a good look at the rear parcel speaker not long after buying it as the guy who does some of my car electrics was going to upgrade it. They are the green coloured speakers that were by all accounts a later spec (hope I've got that right)

• Like 1

Indeed, forgot to welcome you Erik as a new owner. Don't forget Sport + and the paddles for changing gear. Sod the fuel consumption it  makes very little difference and at £1.06 for Sainsbury's premium why not

• Like 1

I hope you enjoy your gs f as much as I enjoy mine. Not seen one for sale for a while bit one has just appeared on lexus website that had a previous famous owner!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvoStevo said:

I hope you enjoy your gs f as much as I enjoy mine. Not seen one for sale for a while bit one has just appeared on lexus website that had a previous famous owner!

I remember someone on here spotting that car in Lexus Cheltenham pre lockdown. I think they mentioned that it was part of a collection. 

Interesting to see that it has the 'hold' button to the left of the steering wheel, which came on the later models. So its actually one of the later ones and not an earlier one registered  in '19!

19 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Mine is the same; badged ML in the car, but the spec sheet says W/O. I shall ask for clarity when I get the 5yr service done later this month.

Maybe the mis-labelling only applies to red RC-Fs?

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 12:51 PM, MNMJ said:

Mine is the same; badged ML in the car, but the spec sheet says W/O. I shall ask for clarity when I get the 5yr service done later this month.

What spec sheet are you referring to?

On 6/5/2020 at 5:32 PM, B1RMA said:

You have ML. It is on the build sheet for your vehicle. 

Audio Am/fm 1-dvd 17sp (emv,ml)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

What spec sheet are you referring to?

Lexus hold a sheet which supposedly records the spec. 

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Lexus hold a sheet which supposedly records the spec. 

If it is a UK dealer record, or even Lexus GB, then probably not worth wasting your time looking at.

Put your chassis number here to get a proper build list:

https://www.lexus-tech.eu/euro5search/VehicleSpecifications

(although appears to be down at the moment 😞 )

21 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

If it is a UK dealer record, or even Lexus GB, then probably not worth wasting your time looking at.

I do recall checking my car on a valuation website a while back, and the spec came up as without ML. This could cause a problem at resale time or when a dealer does an enquiry for a trade in price. The answer would be to sit someone in the car and show them the ML system, but still it might cause suspicion of dodgy dealings (how much are ML stickers anyone?) 

Hope I'm not going off topic too much but here are a couple of phots of mine excuse the one of the rear speakers the sun was playing havoc on my David Bailey moment,

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg

On 6/6/2020 at 12:51 PM, MNMJ said:

I’ve seen this labelling a few times on Lexus websites and even though to most ‘W/O’ would mean ‘without’ I believe in these cases it may mean ‘with optional’

On 6/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Martin F said:

I’ve seen this labelling a few times on Lexus websites and even though to most ‘W/O’ would mean ‘without’ I believe in these cases it may mean ‘with optional’

That makes sense. I shall ask Lexus Chester next week when I'm in for service & MOT