Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The telescopic steering function has not been working on my 430 for a few months - today it suddenly starting working just by itself - It must of been the weather  - car was showing 26 degrees.

The motor was working but it appeared to be somewhat struggling - so what could the fault - it clearly has'nt packed up totally or has the warm weather expanded things inside remaking a broken electrical connection?

20 hours ago, cruisermark said:

or has the warm weather expanded things inside remaking a broken electrical connection?

what I do know is that over the years my speedo has sometimes just stopped functioning for no apparent reason, sometimes for months on end,  and then with a change of temperature maybe,  has self-healed, or so it seems

it's fully functioning right now and fingers xd it will continue so

yours might well perform similarly, especially if your car loves you enough :yes:

Malc 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, cruisermark said:

Thanks for the reply phil - do you think this could be fixed by dismantling and re-greasing?

Hi Mark

Yes and it is as far as I can gather fairly straight forward there is a tutorial either on the Lexus US owners club forum or on U-tube on accessing this motor and gears and on how to refurb it.