Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 map update

Andy388

Hi,

I've just been trying (without success) to update the maps on my 2017 LC500, following the instructions on lexus-tech.eu.

My current navdb_version is 860 which I understand is 2017, so it has not been updated by the dealer at the services

I downloaded the Lexus Premium system (MM17 & MM19) Maps from lexus-tech.eu onto FAT32 16gb usb stick and followed the instructions.

- Entered my device ID into lexus-tech.eu

- Plugged the usb stick into my LC and, after validating the files, it asked it I wanted to update to 2019 maps. Hit "Yes" and it gives me an activation code - so far so good.   

- Entered the activation code into lexus-tech.eu and it gives me error message

"IE5585-Not able to determine product mapped to SKUID"

Has anyone else tried to update the maps on their LC500 or experienced this issue?

Many thanks for advice,

Andy

Hi Andy,

what is the quickest way to find out which map version is in the car.I have looked at the mammoth Owners manuals which Lexus have sent me and can see no mention.

Thanks,

AJ.

Hi Aj,

The instructions on the lexus-tech.eu website (see attached) say:

- Push the “MENU” hard key on the remote Touch pad

- Select “Setup” -

- Select “General” -

- Scroll down to the last page -

- Select “Software Update”

Scrolling through the Software Update screen I get the following. Google search for navb_version 860 implies 2017

image.thumb.png.a9e683f782c25549d29a8d09861830da.png

MapUpdate_17MM_DealerGuide_English.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

From the Toyota owners club forum that looks like 2019 V1, which is one behind the latest 2019 V2 on the Lexus tech website. Here the list from that thread in Toyota forum

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/188076-sat-nav-version-in-uk/

860 - 2017v1

919 - 2017v2

943 - 2018v1

A36 - 2018v2

1520 - 2019v1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Phil, just tried again still no luck

Have updated the MEU to the latest 1540 (had to do that in two steps since it would not update from 1250 to 1540, so had to go 1250 to1512 and then 1512 to 1540)

Then tried again to update the maps. LC validated the maps on the usb and gave me a request code. But now get an error saying on the lexus-tech website when I put in the Request code "IE4110-Value is invalid for deviceid"

It's making me think if there's something different about the LC navigation

Has any LC owner successfully updated their maps, to 2019v2 or 2020v1?

I realised I make a mistake in the Device ID since both lower case L and upper case I look identical.

Now back to the original error message "IE5585-Not able to determine product mapped to SKUID"

Nevertheless would like to know if any LC owner has successfully updated their maps

Certainly a strange error message. Probably only Lexus UK that could help with that. 
my guess would be that for some reason your device ID doesn’t exist in their database. 

I’ve seen a small number of users reporting similar error code. These are mainly on a Toyota vehicles in Poland and Russia. Certainly very rare error. 

If you want to send me photos by private message of your device ID and activation code I can try and replicate the error at my end. Might not help at all but I may spot something. 

Thanks for the offer Phil. I've now contacted my Lexus dealer to see if they can help. They've been in touch with Lexus UK and sent them the details.

Lexus UK's initial response was to try swapping lower case L with upper case I and vice versa since they look identical. I'd already tried all possible combinations to no avail.

I've now sent them photos of the Device ID and Request Code from my LC sat nav screen, so hopefully they can figure out what is wrong.

I'll post an update if I have any joy!

Cheers

I’ve had a play on the site. I’ve been able to get the same error message to display if I enter a correct device ID, but an invalid Request code.

It is therefore likely that there are one or more characters in your request code that are easy to mix up.  I guess it’s just a case of trying all the combinations. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Phil, unfortunately the only "dubious" character in my request code is the l, for which I've tried all the variants. There's only a lower case o so no mix up there. 
Waiting for a reply from Lexus

So just to close this out, I have now successfully updated to the 2020 V1 maps. The issue was in the database at Lexus, it had the incorrect request code for my device. Once Lexus updated their database, I was able to get my access code from the Lexus Tech website, and use that in the LC to do the update.

The update took 1 hour!

All good now

Thanks 

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, ChaMunk said:

Hi, New map update just came out "2021 V1"  

Tips: First you have to enter the device-ID number

and then plug in the usb and let it validate files and then there is a new code that you enter in the next section. Hope this helped you! 

2D2976CC-ACBB-445B-B3AA-A49B617F4924.jpeg

I installed this update a couple of weeks ago and takes a good hour or so.  You also need a good 10 - 15 minutes to key in the device id and activation code. 

If the install drops part way through, it will resume next time you power up which is handy!

16 hours ago, Bozman79 said:

I installed this update a couple of weeks ago and takes a good hour or so.  You also need a good 10 - 15 minutes to key in the device id and activation code. 

If the install drops part way through, it will resume next time you power up which is handy!

Normally around 1hr 8minutes, ignition on and charge battery 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:40 AM, Andy388 said:

Hi,

I've just been trying (without success) to update the maps on my 2017 LC500, following the instructions on lexus-tech.eu.

My current navdb_version is 860 which I understand is 2017, so it has not been updated by the dealer at the services

I downloaded the Lexus Premium system (MM17 & MM19) Maps from lexus-tech.eu onto FAT32 16gb usb stick and followed the instructions.

- Entered my device ID into lexus-tech.eu

- Plugged the usb stick into my LC and, after validating the files, it asked it I wanted to update to 2019 maps. Hit "Yes" and it gives me an activation code - so far so good.   

- Entered the activation code into lexus-tech.eu and it gives me error message

"IE5585-Not able to determine product mapped to SKUID"

Has anyone else tried to update the maps on their LC500 or experienced this issue?

Many thanks for advice,

Andy

I know I just arrived and I am necroposting already, but this is exactly what has happened to me when trying to download the 2022 maps.

When I try to do it through the Lexus tech website, all goes fine exactly like the OP described. Downloaded the maps to a proper formatted FAT32 32GB pen drive, started the install with no issues, and then the error message   "IE5585-Not able to determine product mapped to SKUID" appeared right after putting down the request code from the sat nav screen on the Lexus tech website.

I also have the final activation code from purchasing the 2022 maps (in all fairness didn't pay, the dealer included as a token to buy an approved used), and that activation code also doesn't work when putting it in after the request code.

To sum up, after putting the device ID correctly on Lexus tech website, then putting the request ID from the satnav, and the error appears. But if I go ahead and put the activation code that I was given when purchasing the map in My Lexus, a different error appears: 'unable to validate the code' or similar. So no way around it.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. Tried everything. I just contacted technical support of Lexus through the contact form, hope they get back to me. The dealership is aware of the problems, they said they opened a case with Lexus UK, but no contact after a week. I understand they can be busy, but I thought there's no harm in asking here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links