Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

accelerater pedal not working

The car is “Drive by wire” so instead of the old style throttle cable between the pedal and throttle body there is a pedal position sensor integrated on the throttle pedal ( no surprise there), a throttle position sensor on a motorised throttle body and the two are interconnected via the engine ECU (computer).

It is worth checking the top area of the pedal to make sure the electrical connector is secure.

A common failure is the pedal sensor but before doing anything more have the diagnostic codes read which should confirm the fault and hopefully the component responsible.

2117AA76-3818-43C9-BAB2-C55C71FB4A63.png

• Like 1

hi steve

Thanks for the info, I will get hold of a diagnostic reader to see if the code shows up.

the wife did jump the car backwards, got the jump leads round the wrong way and since then no accelerator pedal

3 hours ago, robertlilley said:

2004 RX 300 accelerator pedal not working, the car idles fine but nothing happens at all when pedal is pressed,

That's not actually what you said in your post in the New Members forum; you said there was "no drive", which I'm taking to mean a transmission problem.

So to avoid confusion, when you start the engine and move the selector lever to either D or R, does it actually take up drive, ie, make a very slight lurch and the engine note drops, and the problem comes after that when you try to accelerate?

Or are you saying that it doesn't even take up drive?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, robertlilley said:

hi steve

Thanks for the info, I will get hold of a diagnostic reader to see if the code shows up.

the wife did jump the car backwards, got the jump leads round the wrong way and since then no accelerator pedal

Not something we Northern lads would do lightly Rob (let our wives jump start the car)

Live and learn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi People

Apologies for confusion over my description of the fault on the RX300 you can probably can tell im not mechanically minded.

Lee suggested checking the fuses to see if any had blown, it turned out that the ETCS fuse had blown which supplies the accelerator hence no drive or pedal.

It also blew the following fuses,  Horn, electric windows, and radio. I think I got off lightly with this one and as john correctly said Live and learn.

Thanks all you help

Rob

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links