Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering lock tilt not working

Thanks for that,there is no sound what so ever coming from the steering rake not working, manual does not work either no steering lock working,it all points to a fuse changed fuses still no response,I've not been able to find out if it's receiving power of not everything else is working as it should,is there a way to reset it?I've disconnected the Battery and reconnected still no joy.Any more thoughts?

Edited by George breakwell
Left something out

The steering motors failing are probably the most common fault on the LS.  Most people just live with it as they cost so much to replace.  When the motors fail they generally don't make any sound at all.

No, steering didn't go in or out neither does it go up and down does anyone know why the steering lock won't work?is it connected to the tilt steering ? No sound coming from anywhere,thanks for the reply any more thoughts anyone?

Edited by George breakwell
Left out

21 minutes ago, George breakwell said:

No, steering didn't go in or out neither does it go up and down steering won't lock either ,no sound coming from anywhere,thanks for the reply any more thoughts anyone?

When you say won't lock, do you mean it doesn't lock when you turn the steering wheel with the engine off?

2 hours ago, George breakwell said:

Steering won't lock when engine is turned off.

Did this suddenly happen or over time?  It sounds like the problem may be in the ignition switch itself.

56 minutes ago, George breakwell said:

Steering won't lock when engine is turned off.

11 hours ago, The-Acre said:

When you say won't lock, do you mean it doesn't lock when you turn the steering wheel with the engine off?

When I turn the engine off and turn the steering wheel it doesn't lock at all does,anyone know what might cause the steering lock not work?

If you have checked all the fuses then the steering lock actuator would be the likely  culprit.

45002 ACTUATOR & SWITCH SET, STEERING LOCK
45002-50010 (08/2000 - 03/2002) 1 € 1,091.68
45002-50011 (04/2002 - 06/2002) 1 € 1,091.68
45002-50012 (07/2002 - 06/2003) 1 € 1,091.68
  • Sad 1