Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Key Fob

pyaap

I misplaced one of my master keys and had to order a new one, which the dealer promptly programmed to work on the car. However, they cannot delete the lost key from the alarm system and hence in theory, anyone who finds it can use it to open and drive my car, and we all know the insurance implications of such an occurrence. Does anyone have info on how the missing key can be deleted?

According to the dealer, you need to have at least one master key to reprogram a new one and if you lose both master keys, you will need to order a new ECU together with new replacement keys. Therefore, they claim the only way to permanently delete the missing key from the system will be to order a new ECU. I can't imagine that the Japanese manufacturers didn't think of this when they were developing the car.

No it's not bizzarre, once the module has the seen the keys, this is done at end of line test, the module will only see the original master(s) keys, the dealer could re-flash the module with a new calibration and then he would have to re-program the keys, this will make your lost key useless. This is one system some manufactures use, not sure if Lexus use this type though. It's all down to who ever wrote the source code and how clever he or she is.

I'm sure that the keys you have can be reprogrammed.A IS200 was stolen from our dealership about 2 yrs ago by someone who managed to steel the keys.The car was found abandoned later,so the car was recovered with the spare keys.When the car came back the technicians reprogrammed the remotes to a differrent code rendering the missing one useless.The only thing is that the locks still work.The only other solution is to change all the locks and the ECU

im positive it can be reprogrammed too! If that isnt the case then toyota/lexus were pretty shortsighted in development of the system. I used to have a toyota avensis as a runaround second car & even on that we reprogrammed the frequency of all the keys etc..when i'd lost a set! Unless of course the garage was lying to me!

Originally posted by macattack

whats this with the key fobs no longer working, twice I have had to take mine back to get them reprogrammed. I cam out of the store one day and none of the 3 key fobs worked anymore....

I havent heard of anyone with your prob mate, I think youve just been unlucky & got a faulty ecu or something?? If none of the three keys work, then the ecu has lost it's frequency setting.....hence the ecu can be reprogrammed to a different frequency confirming the above!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links