Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended F Warranty

Just extended my warranty as driving daily (2 free mot and Europe breakdown cover make it an easy decision),

Lack of service will not invalidate it as Lexus have now extended service by 2 months. 

However..... warranties are NOT extended. But you CAN renew even without your service up to date if in the 2 month window (subject to change to 3 months and so on).

As an aside he asked if I had any mods and I said - exhaust back boxes and he said "that's fine no problem" 👍

I just sent the form off in the post to renew my warranty as well, but I noticed that the roadside assistance seems a little unclear now as to whether it covers you driving any other car as well. I’m pretty sure it used to and this was one of the benefits that I liked.

i can’t find the full T&C’s online anywhere (only the summarised version as per the leaflet) so will have to try giving them a call. 

9 hours ago, Martin F said:

I just sent the form off in the post to renew my warranty as well, but I noticed that the roadside assistance seems a little unclear now as to whether it covers you driving any other car as well. I’m pretty sure it used to and this was one of the benefits that I liked.

i can’t find the full T&C’s online anywhere (only the summarised version as per the leaflet) so will have to try giving them a call. 

It was family cover - one could and did apply for card for partner too. So any named person in any car.

Although roadside assistance has been extended 3 months for free anyway if that is all you need.

14 hours ago, Comedian said:

Although roadside assistance has been extended 3 months for free anyway if that is all you need.

Yeah, I received the email the day after I posted the form off, although not that it helps much having a breakdown cover extension when the warranty needs to be renewed anyway.

But then when not driving anywhere at the mo I guess could have let it lapse for a bit. 

10 hours ago, Martin F said:

Yeah, I received the email the day after I posted the form off, although not that it helps much having a breakdown cover extension when the warranty needs to be renewed anyway.

But then when not driving anywhere at the mo I guess could have let it lapse for a bit. 

did you find out about the level of roadside cover?

My renewal has just come through as my 12 month cover expires in June.

Might have to pay monthly to make things work.

I know the F cars are extremely reliable, but for peace of mind it is an excellent deal.

Any drive train issues and I'd be ruined.

• Like 1

Gearbox is circa 18k warranty job.

I pay monthly as it is interest free so a no brainer.

The road side cover must be worth about £200 of the bill and the 2 free Mots about £100 so I see it as a £700 or £350 year warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I pay for a 3 year service package with the dealer which includes the MOTS and i get breakdown recovery through my bank unfortunately 😂

I have been trying to justify the costs aswell.

End of the day, my dads 07 LS460 has had alot done to it and the warranty paid for its self several times over. They have never quibbled anything and treated him superbly.

I have always extended the warranty on all of our Lexus cars as I feel that it is good value since it became 2-4-1 around 2014-15 and especially on the F. 
I have had good experience with the claims in general but I was surprised when the windscreen wiper mechanism snapped  and it was deemed to be wear and tear on my IS250. The heater fan also became noisy and that wasn’t covered either and they could never hear it 😡.

I'm wondering where I stand because when I bought my car I thought it had a one year warranty, now as the three year warranty runs out on mine June of this year do I qualify for an extra year after the standard warranty?

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I'm wondering where I stand because when I bought my car I thought it had a one year warranty, now as the three year warranty runs out on mine June of this year do I qualify for an extra year after the standard warranty?

You should have had an extended warranty to take you up to a full 12 months comprised of both the original and extended warranty at time of sale.

• Like 1

I owned Lexuses since 2011, 3 different ones. I drove hundreds of thousands of miles in them and I never needed to use the warranty. That’s why extended warranty looks like a waste of money to me. 🤤

• Like 1

My dad has had all 4 corners of his air suspension replaced, a new starter motor and I think hes had O2 sensors or similar replaced. Hes had full value from the cover.

It's a performance car, I'm sure repair bills could be similarly impressive.

Of course people buy Lexus for reliability and I'm fairly sure I wont have any issues outside of normal wear and tear, however there is always a "what if" in my mind.

I think it is so cheap compared to other cars I've had most of which were a good £2K for a year it seems silly not to have it for that just in case event, which as we all know does come around now and then.

• 1 month later...

I extended the warranty yesterday, as I took the car into Lexus Hedge End for an interim service (car has only done 2000 odd miles since the last service) Strange experience as I was asked to sit in a room especially for isolation purposes, got bored so walked around outside for a while as you can't go around the showroom. They did manage to to feed the TPMS numbers into the car so I haven't got that annoying tyre pressure warning light which is a relief but they did charge me £60 for the pleasure .

I still think the Lexus warranty is ridiculously cheap compared to some of my past cars where the manufacturers warranty was in excess of £2K for a year.

Must try to use the car this year, with Sainsbury's premium at £1.06 a litre seems silly not to take the car out.

• Like 1

@B1 RMA (car has only done 2000 odd miles since the last service).

I'm in similar territory with only 1000 miles since service in October and 3000 since last MOT which is due now.  As a second car I'm simply not using the her enough which is a shame so thinking about selling. 

Have to agree on the Warrenty point though on cost and longevity. Mine runs to March 2022 when the car will be 13 years old!   Bless you Lexus. Bless you Lexus too for giving me 3 months extra free due to covid.

Where else can you find such a car still under a great warranty?  Hold on a min....it sounds like a car I should buy not sell🤣

• Like 2

3 years old in October, will have less than 6k miles on the clock, they want £1500 for a 1 year extended warranty, at the moment there is no 2 for 1 deal on the LC.

what to do?

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, wendle said:

3 years old in October, will have less than 6k miles on the clock, they want £1500 for a 1 year extended warranty, at the moment there is no 2 for 1 deal on the LC.

what to do?

WOW! someone needs to have a word with Lexus, that seems expensive. 2 for 1 would be okay but one year is not on.

3 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

WOW! someone needs to have a word with Lexus, that seems expensive. 2 for 1 would be okay but one year is not on.

I have contacted them, but they have not responded yet.

i was hoping that because the first LC in the country is only just coming up to 3 years old that they may extend the 2 for 1 offer to the LC, I have also noticed that the offer does not apply to the LS either

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

Exactly, it's not showing much faith in their product if they're charging that amount!

Side note, there is a white LC with red leather at Lexus Notts, yowzer 😛