Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus UK, How Very Thoughtful!

I've just received an email from Lexus, they've extended my free roadside assistance for three months due to Covid 19 with no charge! Now, being cynical I could say that I will probably never need it. But what a nice thing for them to do! 

Every time I get in the car or deal with Lexus I'm impressed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Very nice 🙂

They didn't extend the warranty by the same duration though, so if I renew the warranty I'll get new recovery and therefore I'll never get to use that extra 3 months.

You won't need the warranty, it ain't a Renault! 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Paul Brooksbank said:

You won't need the warranty, it ain't a Renault! 😂😂

you don't need breakdown cover either then 😉

Whilst I'd normally agree, and I've never bothered with extended warranty on my previous Lexus vehicles, the price of parts for the F is just too much to risk - looking at £10k plus if there is an engine failure for example.

Will they also relax their requirements for servicing to maintain the warranty cover? It doesn't apply to me as I (usually!) do more than 10k a year, but if somoeone does less and only has a service once a year which falls about now will they let that go to 15 months or whatever?

35 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Will they also relax their requirements for servicing to maintain the warranty cover? It doesn't apply to me as I (usually!) do more than 10k a year, but if somoeone does less and only has a service once a year which falls about now will they let that go to 15 months or whatever?

They will have to due to the fact that they are closed! 

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Yes, I posted about that in F section.

Currently your service is waived for 2 months and they will push it out month by month as required.

However, if your warranty expires you need to renew it - there's just no requirement for it to be serviced.

This is Lexus' official statement:

If you are concerned about your vehicle’s routine servicing, please do not worry. Lexus would like to reassure you that for the foreseeable future we intend to take a flexible and sympathetic approach to any service schedule or warranty issues.

I think I've mentioned before that I've had Lexus breakdown cover since August 2017. I've had to call them out 3 times!

Twice for Saabs and once for a Hyundai :biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

Or German

Exactly. I've previously driven Hondas for the last ten years and usually do an annual trip to Gatwick for flights to Goa. I've driven from Gatwick to Crewe on several occasions and only even seen BMW, Mercedes and Audi on the hard shoulder with the bonnet raised. The numbers are shocking, an average of three per trip. The only reason I've never seen a French car stranded is due to their failure to make it off the driveway. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paul Brooksbank said:

The only reason I've never seen a French car stranded is due to their failure to make it off the driveway. 

Can anyone suggest a cleaner capable of getting coffee off a laptop screen please?

• Haha 2

i contacted lexus regarding my 1st mot and if it failed on a part under warranty if i would still be covered, here is their reply

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus IS300h.

Lexus UK would like to reassure you that for the foreseeable future, we intend to take a flexible and sympathetic approach to any service schedule or warranty issues which may arise due to delays caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. My only recommendation would be to book your car in with your Lexus Centre as soon as business returns to normal to have your service and MOT work carried out, as oppose to waiting for the full 6 month period until the "new" MOT expiry date. Of course, we do not know when this will be yet, which is why we aim to be as flexible as possible with our customer's where we can.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links