Lexus Owners Club

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. So when you are finally released from lockdown and able to drive your car....what music will you play in the car?

• Pop
    • Classical
    • Rock / Metal
    • Jazz / Blues
    • R&B / Soul
    • Country & Western
    • Other

So when you are finally released from lockdown and able to drive your car....what music will you play in the car?

This is a bit of fun during these strange times but I'm not sure how accurate the voting will be. In fact, it'll probably be completely inaccurate because most people like more than the one choice the voting system gives them.

Classic rock (LED Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Purple, Free, Bad Company, AC/DC etc., etc) is my favourite genre, but I also love the Blues (Joe Bonamassa, BB King, Janis Joplin, Stevie Ray Vaughn etc., etc), Folk Rock, Celtic, even Mediaeval music and Gregorian Chant, all of which I have in the car.

This is the first song that I'll play as I unplug the car from the trickle charger and drive off...

Planet Rock will come out of the stereo on startup as always :-)

• Like 1

I read an article some time ago that stated those listening to Rock or fast paced music tend to drive like a Bat out of Hell, not sure how well that was researched.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, B1RMA said:

I read an article some time ago that stated those listening to Rock or fast paced music tend to drive like a Bat out of Hell, not sure how well that was researched.

It’s true... well is in my case 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 4/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, B1RMA said:

It is true, no denying that.

Also true the other way as well; when I'm listening to Gregorian Chant I tend to drive much more sedately.

I've been addicted to all these Dash Cam videos on YouTube which people post on Pistonheads. There was one I saw where a bloke was playing a relaxation tape. Suddenly someone cuts him up, the red mist kicks in and he's effing and jeffing all over the place. I won't be buying that particular tape. 

As an aside, these videos highlight just what a lot of utter tools the contributors are. Most go looking for trouble.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, Herbie said:

This is a bit of fun during these strange times but I'm not sure how accurate the voting will be. In fact, it'll probably be completely inaccurate because most people like more than the one choice the voting system gives them.

Agree very much with this.  Choice may reflect your mood and how severely you had been affected over the time. I like classical music and singing, popular songs by leading singers who have almost all passed away now, generally something far removed from the raucous over amplified twangy, repetitive poorly enunciated stuff of recent years!  In other words, what I listen to normally. 

I usually have something electronic/trance on. I just prefer not to drive to something with many words 🙂

While I'm working from home much of the time I do have to drive into work now and then during lockdown as it can't all be done remotely (ironically I work in IT making it all work so everyone else can work from home).