Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?

Which music do you prefer to listen to in the car?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. So when you are finally released from lockdown and able to drive your car....what music will you play in the car?

• Pop
    • Classical
    • Rock / Metal
    • Jazz / Blues
    • R&B / Soul
    • Country & Western
    • Other

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

@royoftherovers John, I recently discovered First Aid Kit when I was watching something on TV and they played a song that sounded really good. I used to wait for the final credits to roll and see who it was but this current fad of shrinking credits to advertise other upcoming programmes has put paid to that, so now I fire up Shazam or SoundHound on my phone to listen to whatever it is and it usually works.

In this particular case it was First Aid Kit's "Fireworks" so I then went to Youtube and started listening, and I really do like them.

I love the Youtube algorithm and often spend hours down the rabbit hole as the algorithm suggests "If you liked that, you'll probably like this". I've found many new bands and music this way, and lots of other interesting stuff too.

Thanks Herbie.  I have recently discovered Guy Clark that way !

• Like 1

Anyone with a taste for vintage rock could do worse than build a playlist around a few of Chuck Berry’s car-related originals like, for example, Nadine, No Money Down, Jaguar and the Thunderbird, Maybellene, My Mustang Ford, You Can’t Catch Me, Run Rudolph Run, Down The Road A Piece, Driving Along In My Automobile, No Particular Place To Go ... and there are probably others I can’t think of right now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On 10/17/2020 at 12:58 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

I enjoy all sorts of music but I do like a story!

I LOVE listening to the folk singers, The Roaring Trowmen

Echo that thought, and if ever you get a chance to see Chris Wood (who I think lives down Kent way) when he does his solo gigs he tells old and modern stories in his songs.  seem he do acoustic and electric gigs, and between songs his banter is top-notch.

2 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Echo that thought, and if ever you get a chance to see Chris Wood (who I think lives down Kent way) when he does his solo gigs he tells old and modern stories in his songs.  seem he do acoustic and electric gigs, and between songs his banter is top-notch.

Never heard of him Pete, until now that is. A quick Google brought up

a Goalkeeper

a Golfer

then I found him. A wonderful singer, songwriter and storyteller. Right up my street. Reminded me very much of my trip to The Lincoln Folk Festival in 1969 to see Tom Paxton 

and Buffy St Marie.

And I`m not ashamed to admit that my wife and I sat and cried when we first heard Eric Bogle`s song for the first time in 1975

3 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I will look out for Chris Wood.

I rarely go to live music but after all this COVID is sorted I would like to go to a few folk related events.

Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Blues, contemporary guitar music, Django, Tommy Emmanuel, Martin Taylor, Pierre Bensusan and the list goes on...........................................

On 10/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, IsidoreAbner said:

This is an interesting question, I love listening to jazz music.

You need to install jazz music as a phone ringtone, please go to the website that provides free phone ringtones at: https://klingeltonekostenlos.de/samsung/

The classical music melodies are perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a Queen fan since about 1974 and I still listen to them a lot.

Also Genesis, Pink Floyd, Boston, Dire Straits, Beatles, ABBA, Robbie Williams, John Miles, Be-Bop Deluxe, Phil Collins, Adele, Mumford & Sons, Muse. Musicals too.

i also have two long playlists - best of and easy listening which I’ll post up at some time.

• 2 months later...

Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures, Queens of the Stone age, Royal Blood, Idlewild, Biffy Clyro and then if I'm feeling more urban London Elektricity, Fred V and Grafix, Metrik, High Contrast. Basically I'll listen to almost anything I find a good tune. I love music from the 80's up to now. Heavily exposed to so many genres thanks to my parents.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Referring to an earlier note from someone on here, since owning an RX it definitely alters my auditory preferences from nothing to Mozart or John Coltrane all at a sedate pace. Whereas in my XKR and listening to John Fogarty and Travelling Band its really difficult to keep it below 100.😎

Always liked guitar music in the car, and after neglecting the genre for some years, have recently re-acquired a taste for modern Gypsy Jazz,

e.g. Rosenberg Trio, Joscho Stephan, Biréli Lagrène, Frank Vignola et al.  Almost brought tears to my eyes to listen again to Diz Disley, whom

I used sometimes to catch live on visits to London in the 80s.

31 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Always liked guitar music in the car, and after neglecting the genre for some years, have recently re-acquired a taste for modern Gypsy Jazz,

e.g. Rosenberg Trio, Joscho Stephan, Biréli Lagrène, Frank Vignola et al.  Almost brought tears to my eyes to listen again to Diz Disley, whom

I used sometimes to catch live on visits to London in the 80s.

My favourite Renato  !   

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

My favourite Renato  !   

Super choices! When you get a minute listen to Miles Davis Sketches of Spain, terrific rendition of concierto de aranjuez. 

25 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Super choices! When you get a minute listen to Miles Davis Sketches of Spain, terrific rendition of concierto de aranjuez. 

I know the album well, and although Miles’ performance of Gil Evans’ arrangement of the Concierto is superlative, I find some of the minor tracks such as Saeta and Solea even more impressive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

I know the album well, and although Miles’ performance of Gil Evans’ arrangement of the Concierto is superlative, I find some of the minor tracks such as Saeta and Solea even more impressive.

And Julian Bream? 

7 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Have just downloaded it from the U.S for $1.30 !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links